This Week In Livable Streets
Help plan the areas around L.A.’s new mid-city Purple Line stations and the future of the Silver Lake Reservoir. Support Proyecto Jardin. Roll in a couple of Westside bike events. And enjoy your Independence Day weekend!
- Wednesday and Thursday 6/29 and 6/30 – The City of Los Angeles Planning Department Transit Neighborhood Plans program will host a couple of community meetings for the Mid-City Purple Line subway station area land use planning. Two identical community meetings will take place Wednesday and Thursday, both at 6:30 p.m. at Temple Beth Am at 1039 S La Cienega Boulevard in Mid-City. Details on event flier [PDF]. Additional information at L.A. Transit Neighborhood Plans website, LATNP Facebook and @LATNP Twitter.
- Thursday 6/30 – The surrounding L.A. City Council offices and the Department of Water and Power host a town hall meeting on the future of the Silver Lake Reservoir. The event takes place from 7 p.m. to 9 p.m. at Micheltorena Street Elementary School at 1511 Micheltorena Street in Silver Lake. Details at Facebook event.
- Friday 7/1 – Proyecto Jardin hosts a march and rally to save their contested community garden site. The march begins at 2 p.m. at Boyle Heights City Hall at 2130 E 1st Street in Boyle Heights. Details at Facebook event.
- Saturday 7/2 – The city of Santa Monica will host a 4th of July-themed Kidical Mass family bike ride. The festivities take place from 9 a.m. to 12 noon at Douglas Park at 2439 Wilshire Boulevard in Santa Monica. There will be prizes for best costume, snacks, and other family activities. Bike safety checks, craft activities, and snacks/ refreshments start at 9 a.m. The ride starts at 10 a.m. RSVP to cory.keen [at] smgov.net by July 1st. Details at city of Santa Monica.
- Sunday 7/3 – The L.A. County Bicycle Coalition hosts its monthly Sunday Funday ride, this month is a pre-Independence Day tour of Culver City, Mar Vista, and West L.A. The ride gathers at 9:30 a.m. at Syd Kronenthal Park at 3459 McManus Avenue in Culver City. Details at Facebook event.
- Next week: Thursday 7/7 – Metro bike-share launches at 11 a.m. at Grand Park in downtown L.A. Details and register in advance at Eventbrite.
Did we miss anything? Is there something we should list on future calendars? Email email@example.com.