This Week In Livable Streets
This is the final lap of Bike Month, plus your last chance to register for the PedsCount 2016 conference coming June 6-7 in Long Beach. Plus some big meetings: Metro Board and L.A. City Council Transportation Committee.
- Monday 5/23 – Right Now! Move L.A. hosts its 8th transportation conversation. The focus is, of course, on passing Measure R2. Takes place today starting at 11:15 a.m. at the Cathedral conference center at 555 West Temple Street in downtown L.A. Event details at Move L.A.
- Tuesday 5/24 – Last day to register for PedsCount 2016 – see below.
- Wednesday 5/25 – This week the L.A. City Council Transportation Committee will consider a couple of motions that would direct or restrict the city’s transportation expenditures for potential Measure R2 local return funding. The agenda also includes Active Transportation Program funding applications and more. The meeting takes place at 1 p.m. at L.A. City Hall at 200 North Spring Street in downtown L.A. – enter on Main Street. Details at meeting agenda.
- Wednesday 5/25 – River L.A. hosts its third River LA Listening Session from 7 to 9:00 p.m. at Boyle Heights Youth Technology Center, 1600 E. 4th Street in Boyle Heights. RSVP via River L.A. Details at Facebook event.
- Thursday 5/26 – The Metro Board of Directors holds its monthly meeting starting at 9 a.m. in the third floor Metro boardroom, located at One Gateway Plaza, right behind Union Station in downtown L.A. On the agenda are student bus passes, the agency’s Active Transportation Strategic Plan, and more. Details at Metro.
- Friday 5/27 – Westside Urban Forum hosts a panel discussion on Metro’s proposed Measure R2 expenditure plan. The forum takes place at 7:30 a.m. at the Olympic Collection at 11201 West Olympic Boulevard in West L.A. For additional information and to purchase tickets go to WUF.
- Friday 5/27 – Metro hosts Bike Night at Union Station from 5:30 to 8:30 p.m. Celebrate Bike Month with live music, raffles, games, prizes, and a bicycle fashion show including a sneak preview of Metro bike-share bicycles. Details at Facebook event.
- Saturday 5/28 – Si Se Mueve hosts Brown Love is Resilience: Pedaling towards Unity – a 4-mile bike ride organized by NELA residents for the NELA Community, surrounding neighbors, community members and allies who recognize the current impacts of gentrification and displacement and who are in solidarity with the resistance movements in our communities. Ride gathers at 10 a.m. at York Park at 4596 North Avenue 50 in Highland Park. Details at Facebook event.
Deadline tomorrow! Register Now for Monday-Tuesday 6/6-6/7 – California Walks hosts its statewide PedsCount 2016 two-day conference at the Courtyard Marriot in downtown Long Beach next month. Registration and further details at California Walks. Registration deadline is May 25.
Did we miss anything? Is there something we should list on future calendars? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.