This Week In Livable Streets: Bike Week 2016
- Monday 5/16 – It is Bike Week! Cyclists ride free on Metrolink trains all week. Check detail listings for Culver City, Orange County, Santa Monica, Pasadena, and L.A. Metro.
Tuesday 5/17 – Good Samaritan Hospital hosts its annual Blessing of the Bicycles from 8 a.m. to 9:30 a.m. at 616 Witmer Street in Central City West. Details at BotB website.
- Wednesday-Thursday 5/18-19 – The Metro board of directors hosts its monthly committee meetings where board business gets discussed, negotiated, and often decided in advance of the monthly board meeting. Meeting schedule, agendas, and reports at Metro. Investing in Place is mobilizing turnout for Metro funding for walking and bicycling at the 2 p.m. Planning and Programming Committee on Wednesday May 18.
- Wednesday 5/18 – The L.A. County Bicycle Coalition hosts the annual Ride of Silence. Meet at 6:30 p.m. at the North Hollywood Metro Red Line Station. Details at Facebook event.
- Wednesday 5/18 – The Mid City West Community Council is hosting a town hall forum on the topic of 6th Street Safety, specifically the portion between Fairfax and La Brea. The event includes a panel discussion with representatives of LADOT, Dept. of City Planning, and Councilmember David Ryu’s office. More details and RSVP via Eventbrite or Facebook.
- Thursday 5/19 – It’s Bike to Work Day! See Metro for map of pit stops and other activities. Additional details, rsvp and share via Facebook event. LACBC pit stops information at Facebook event page. Follow links for additional listings for: Culver City, Orange County, Santa Monica, and Pasadena.
- Thursday 5/19 – The L.A. County Bicycle Coalition is hosting its BTWD Handlebar Happy Hour at 5 p.m. at Angel City Brewery at 216 South Alameda Street in downtown Los Angeles. Details at Facebook event.
- Thursday 5/19 – The Glassell Park Improvement Association hosts a community input meeting for planned Verdugo Road improvements, likely including bike lanes. Details at Facebook event and SBLA background article.
- Friday 5/20 – Grand opening of the Metro Expo Line Phase 2 from Culver City to Santa Monica. Free train rides from 12 noon Friday through Saturday night. Details at Metro.
- Saturday 5/21 – Free rides and celebrations on the new Metro Expo Line Phase 2. Event details at Metro. Free and discounted rides on Big Blue Bus and Breeze bike-share!
Did we miss anything? Is there something we should list on future calendars? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.