This Week In Livable Streets
Metro wants your input at a series of community meetings regarding its draft sales tax expenditure plan. Re:code L.A. goes to Northridge. Great Streets makes Pacoima safer. And much more all this week!
- Tuesday 4/19 – L.A. City Councilmember Felipe Fuentes and L.A. Great Streets host a community meeting to discuss safety improvements on Van Nuys Blvd in Pacoima. The meeting takes place from 6 to 8 p.m. at Pacoima City Hall at 13520 Van Nuys Boulevard in Pacoima. Meeting details at L.A. Great Streets.
- Tuesday 4/19 – Metro is hosting meetings to receive input on its proposed sales tax expenditure plan. The fifth of Metro’s community meetings takes place tomorrow night from 6 to 8 p.m. at the Larry Chimbole Cultural Center at 38350 Sierra Highway in Palmdale. Meeting details at Metro’s The Source.
- Wednesday 4/20 – Re:code L.A. continues its series of public forums on the future of L.A. City’s zoning code. Read about an earlier Boyle Heights forum here. Wednesday’s forum takes place from 6 to 9 p.m. at the Northridge Recreation Center at 18300 Lemarsh Street in Northridge. Meeting details at re:code L.A.
- Wednesday 4/20 – Housing Long Beach and City Fabrick host a discussion and screening of The Pruitt-Igoe Myth. The film is about the story of the transformation of the American city in the decades after World War II, through the lens of the infamous Pruitt-Igoe housing development and the St. Louis residents who called it home. The event will be from 7 to 10 p.m. at 2025 East 4th Street in Long Beach. Details at Facebook event.
- Thursday 4/21 – Santa Monica’s Sustainable Quality Awards take place at 11 a.m. at Le Meridien Delfina Santa Monica Hotel at 530 Pico Boulevard in Santa Monica. There will be free bike valet and SM’s Bike Center is hosting a feeder ride. The event appears to be sold out – more information at SQA website.
- Thursday 4/21 – Metro’s sixth expenditure plan community meeting takes place from 6 to 8 p.m. at the Plummer Park Community Center at 7377 Santa Monica Boulevard in West Hollywood. Meeting details at Metro’s The Source.
- Saturday 4/23 – Metro’s seventh expenditure plan community meeting comes to downtown L.A. It will takes place from 10 a.m. to noon at the Metro Board Room at One Gateway Plaza, right behind Union Station. Easy access via the Metro Gold, Red, and Purple Lines. Meeting details at Metro’s The Source. Share via Facebook event.
Sunday 4/24– SATURDAY 4/23 The city of Lawndale hosts its first open streets event! The 2-hour open streets festival takes place from 8 to 10 a.m. Event details including route map on flier [PDF] at Lawndale City website.
- Sunday 4/24 – Wear a costume for the The Tour de Phat People bike ride! Meet up at the Metro Gold Line Heritage Square Station at 2 p.m. , roll out at 2:15. Details at Facebook event.
- Next Tuesday 4/26 – Yet another Metro’s Measure R2 expenditure plan community meeting takes place. This one is 6 to 8 p.m. at the Gateway Cities Council of Governments (ask them why they have not prioritized any bike projects!), 2nd Floor Conference Room at 16401 Paramount Boulevard in Paramount. Meeting details at Metro’s The Source.
Did we miss anything? Is there something we should list on future calendars? Email email@example.com.