This Week in Livable Streets
- Tuesday 4/5 – Metro is hosting ten community meetings to receive public input on its proposed Measure R2 expenditure plan. The series kicks off from 6 to 8 p.m. at Agoura Hills Recreation Center at 29900 Ladyface Circle in Agoura Hills. Meeting details at Metro’s The Source.
- Thursday 4/7 -Thursday’s Metro expenditure plan community meeting will be in the San Gabriel Valley. The second of ten meetings, it takes place from 6 to 8 p.m. at the Grace T. Black Auditorium at 3130 Tyler Avenue in El Monte. Meeting details at Metro’s The Source.
- Thursday 4/7 – Councilmember Bob Blumenfield hosts a planning town hall meeting featuring the new Los Angeles Department of City Planning General Manager Vince Bertoni and an update on Re:Code LA, community plans, development impacts, and state land use legislation effects on development. The meeting takes place from 6 to 8 p.m. at the Westfield Community Room at the corner of Owensmouth Avenue and Vanowen Street in Canoga Park. More details and rsvp suggested via Blumenfield website.
- Saturday 4/9 – SoCal Stair Climbers host a free 7-mile walking tour of L.A.’s painted public stairways. Meet at 8:30 a.m. at Sunset Triangle Plaza at 1523 Griffith Park Boulevard in Silver Lake. Details at Facebook event.
- Saturday 4/9 – Si Se Mueve hosts NELA Rides – a free all-ages community bike ride. Gather at 9 a.m. at Raffi’s Bicycles at 5509 North Figueroa Street in Highland Park. Details at Facebook event.
- Next Monday 4/11 – The third of Metro’s Measure R2 expenditure plan community meetings heads for the middle of the San Fernando Valley. Next Monday’s meeting takes place from 6 to 8 p.m. at the Marvin Braude Constituent Service Center at 6262 Van Nuys Boulevard in Van Nuys. Easy access from the Metro Orange Line Van Nuys Station. Meeting details at Metro’s The Source.
Did we miss anything? Is there something we should list on future calendars? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.