- Metro Foothill Gold Line Extension Begins Pre-Revenue Testing (The Source)
- Fewer Buses On the Road Today Source Of Metro Ridership Dip (Transit Center)
- Crenshaw/LAX Tunnel Boring Machine “Harriet” Begins Work (Press-Telegram, The Source, KPCC)
- Homeboy Industries Father Boyle Withdraws Support For Housing Moratorium Initiative (LAT)
- Mixed-Use Development Planned Near Heritage Square Gold Line Station (Urbanize)
- Triple Whammy Of Freeway Closures Coming Soon (KPCC)
- Port Of L.A. Fails On Pollution Reduction Mandates (LAT)
- The Disaster That Is Metrolink (Systemic Failure)
- Uber Looks To Use Mobile Tech To Curb Unsafe Driving (SBSF)
- Caltrans ATP (Active Transportation Program) Accepting Applications For Bike/Ped Projects (SRTS)
Extra Calendar Items Missed On the SBLA Weekly Calendar:
- Wed 2/3, Thur 2/4, and Sat 2/6 – Hearings on Metro’s Strategic Bus Network Plan in Van Nuys, Carson, and DTLA respectively. Additional hearings through February 11. Details at Metro website.
- Wed 2/3 – Pasadena Department of Transportation hosts a community meeting on the proposed Roseways (low stress streets) bike network. The meeting is at 6 p.m. at PBWS Architects at 234 East Colorado Boulevard, Suite 700 in Pasadena. Pasadena Complete Streets Coalition meeting follows afterward. Details at Facebook event.