This Week In Livable Streets
- Tuesday 2/2 – Culver City Bicycle Coalition hosts their regular monthly meeting from 6:30 to 8 p.m. at Samosa House East at 10700 Washington Boulevard in Culver City. Details at Facebook event.
- Tuesday 2/2 – L.A. City Councilmember Jose Huizar and the Economic and Workforce Development Department are hosting a Community Workshop on the 1st & Boyle Community Redevelopment Agency Site. The city of Los Angeles will be issuing a Request for Proposal for development of the vacant site and is seeking input on feasible development concepts. Meeting takes place from 7 to 8:30 p.m. at the Community Room at 2130 E. 1st Street in Boyle Heights. Additional details at BHNC website.
- Wednesday 2/3 – The CA Department of Toxic Substances Control (DTSC) Permitting Division invites you to review and comment on the Exide Technologies Battery Recycling Facility’s (Exide’s) draft Closure Plan. Provide comments on the Exide plan at a public hearing from 6 to 9 p.m. at Commerce City Council Chambers at 2535 Commerce Way in the City of Commerce. Additional details at DTSC website.
- Wednesday 2/3 – The city of Monrovia is hosting a community open house workshop for input on the city’s Bicycle Master Plan. The free event takes place from 6 to 8 p.m. at Monrovia Community Center at 119 W. Palm Avenue in Monrovia. For more information, see the flier [PDF] or contact Sean Sullivan at ssullivan [at] ci.monrovia.ca.us or 626-932-5522. Take Monrovia’s bike plan survey online.
- Wednesday 2/3 – The city of Long Beach hosts a community meeting on the March 19th Beach Streets ciclovía event. The meeting is from 6:30 to 8:30pm at Bixby Park Community Center at 130 Cherry Avenue in Long Beach. Details at Facebook event.
Thursday 2/4 – L.A.’s Mobility Plan 2035 faces off against some fairly hostile amendments at the 8:30 am meeting of the City Planning Commission in the Public Works Board Room 350, City Hall, 200 North Spring Street in downtown Los Angeles. The agenda should be posted here shortly; staff report is here.Sorry — this takes place next week – Thursday 2/11!
- Thursday 2/4 – Assemblymember Adrin Nazarian hosts a mass transit forum “Fighting for Our Fair Share of Transit Funding in the San Fernando Valley.” The event takes place from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. at Los Angeles Valley College’s Monarch Hall in the Campus Center, at 5800 Fulton Avenue in Valley Glen. Details at Nazarian website.
- Saturday 2/6 – The Hyde Park Organizational Partnership for Empowerment (HOPE) will be holding a one-day Block Walk/Community Audit planning exercise, whereby residents and stakeholders will engage in a walking tour of various areas and land use elements in the Hyde Park Community. The event takes place from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. RSVP at (323) 284-4276. For questions or suggestions contact Dwayne Wyatt by phone (323) 478-1239 or email at dwayneawyatt [at] yahoo.com. Additional details at HOPE website.
- Sunday 2/7 – The L.A. County Bicycle Coalition hosts its monthly Sunday Funday ride previewing the upcoming north valley CicLAvia. Ride departs at 8:30 a.m. from the North Hollywood Metro Red/Orange Line Station at 5350 Lankershim Boulevard in North Hollywood. Details at Facebook event.
Did we miss anything? Is there something we should list on future calendars? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.