This Week In Livable Streets
- Monday 11/16 – Today at 2 p.m. the Los Angeles City Council Budget and Public Works committees deliberate on a proposed “fix and release” sidewalk repair plan. See SBLA’s explainer article here and meeting agenda here.
- Monday 11/16 – The California High Speed Rail Authority continues a series of three meetings on the future HSR route between Burbank and downtown L.A. Tonight’s meeting takes place from 5:30-7:30 p.m. at the Glendale Adult Recreation Center at 201 E Colorado Street in Glendale. An identical meeting follows in Cypress Park on Thursday. Additional details on flier [PDF].
- Tuesday 11/17 – Los Angeles Eco-Village hosts a “Carfree Chat” with CicLAvia founder Adonia Lugo and SBLA Editor Joe Linton. The free event includes an overview of livable transportation issues and activism, and plenty of questions and answers. It takes place from 7:30-9 p.m. at L.A. Eco-Village at 117 Bimini Place in Koreatown. More details at Facebook event.
- Wednesday-Thursday 11/18-19 – The Metro Board of Directors committees will work out business in advance of their December 3 full board meeting. The agendas include bike-share pricing and more. See Metro website for agendas.
- Thursday 11/19 – The California High Speed Rail Authority hosts the last of three L.A. County meetings on the future HSR route between Burbank and downtown L.A. Thursday from 5:30-7:30 p.m. at the L.A. River Center and Gardens at 570 W. Avenue 26 in Cypress Park. Additional details on flier [PDF].
- Thursday 11/19 – Kick-ass livable transportation leader, innovator, and author Gabe Klein speaks at UCLA’s Luskin Center at 6 p.m. Talk is free, but RSVP and details here.
- Friday 11/20 – The documentary Bikes Vs. Cars opens at Laemmle
MonicaNoHo7 movie theaters in North Hollywood.
- Saturday 11/21 – The Great Los Angeles Walk will proceed down Olympic Boulevard from downtown L.A. to the Pacific Ocean. Departs from Clifton’s Cafeteria at 9 a.m. More details at Great L.A. Walk and Facebook event.
- Sunday 11/22 – Climate Action Santa Monica hosts a free public forum “What a Way to Go – Bike, Bus Expo” featuring keynote by SM City Manager Rick Cole. The event takes place from 12 noon to 4 p.m. at the Church in Ocean Park at 235 Hill Street in Santa Monica. More details at Facebook event.
Did we miss anything? Is there something we should list on future calendars? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.