This Week in Livable Streets
- All Week – It’s Rideshare Week! Check the Metro website or Facebook event for details. Log your commute at ridematch for a chance to win awesome prizes!
- Tuesday 10/6 – Los Feliz Neighborhood Council hosts a forum on Mobility Plan 2035, from 7 to 9 p.m. at 1965 N Hillhurst Ave in Los Feliz. Details at Facebook event.
- Thursday 10/8 – Streetsblog L.A. and the Echo Park Film Center host Vancouver Modacity bike gurus Melissa and Chris Bruntlett for a night of stories, films, and fun – showing how far bike culture has come in Vancouver, BC. Starts at 8 p.m. at the Echo Park Film Center at 1200 N Alvarado Street in Echo Park. Details at Facebook event.
Thursday 10/8 through Sunday 8/11 – The 2015 New Urbanism Film Festival screens lots of great documentaries telling stories that Streetsblog readers love, plus walking tours, performances, and more! Screenings take place at the ACME Theatre at 135 N La Brea Avenue. The opening night kickoff features Los Angeles City Councilmember Jose Huizar and screens East L.A. Interchange. Films continue Friday afternoon and evening, and all day Saturday and Sunday. Full schedule and get tickets at NUFF.
- Saturday 10/10 – Metro kicks off Spanish-language art and architecture tours of Union Station. They’re free, and this one will begin promptly at 10:30 a.m. at the information kiosk on the Alameda Street side of Union Station. Details at The Source.
- Saturday 10/10 – Eastside Riders host an annual bike ride in memory of hit-and-run victim Benjamin Torres. Gather at 1 p.m. at Torres’ ghost bike in Gardena. Details at Facebook event.
- Saturday 10/10 – Garden Grove hosts its open streets ciclovía festival “Re:Imagine Garden Grove By Day & By Night” from 3 p.m. to 10 p.m. Full details at Garden Grove Open Streets. Share via Facebook event.
- Saturday 10/10 and Sunday 10/11 – The second annual Santa Monica Bicycle Expo (SMBE) returns at the Santa Monica Pier and beach bicycle path. Events include a non-competitive 15-mile bike ride starting at 9 am. Sunday morning. Check out the schedule, here.
- Sunday 10/11 – Santa Monica Next and Santa Monica Spoke host Vancouver Modacity’s Melissa and Chris Bruntlett for a night of inspiring stories and images. It all takes place at 5 p.m. at 1640 5th Street, Santa Monica. Details at Facebook event.
Did we miss anything? Is there something we should list on future calendars? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.