This Week In Livable Streets
- Monday 8/24 – Today, Los Angeles Mayor Eric Garcetti launches the city’s Vision Zero initiative at 12:30 pm at the intersection of Cesar Chavez and St. Louis in Boyle Heights. Details at L.A. Walks.
- Monday 8/25 – This afternoon, Metro hosts another Active Transportation Strategic Plan meeting from 4 to 6 p.m. at 16401 Paramount Blvd in Paramount. Details at Metro.
Tuesday 8/25 – The Southern California Association of Governments (SCAG) is gathering community input at an environmental justice workshop as part of its Regional Transportation Plan Sustainable Communities Strategy process. The workshop takes place from 5:30 – 7:30 p.m. at SCAG’s Main Office at 818 West 7th Street, in downtown L.A. and is simulcast at multiple locations. Details at SCAG.sorry incorrect date
- Wednesday 8/26 – Metro hosts the last of its planned Active Transportation Strategic Plan meetings from 4 to 6 p.m. at 150 N. 3rd Street in Burbank. Details at Metro.
- Wednesday 8/26 – Santa Monica Spoke hosts a Handlebar Happy Hour at El Cholo from 5:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. Details at Santa Monica Next.
- Friday 8/28 – The Foothill Gold Line Construction Authority is celebrating light rail construction nearing completion. The Authority is hosting dedication ceremonies at each of the new stations due to open in early 2016. This Saturday, celebrate the new Irwindale Station at 5 p.m. at 16027 Avenida Padilla in Irwindale. Details here.
- Saturday 8/29 – Black Kids on Bikes/Ride-On! Bike Co-Op host a free bike tune-up session from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the Leimert Park Plaza. Details at Facebook event.
- Saturday 8/29 – Bikesanas del Valle hosts a ride in support of street vendors. Departs at 11 a.m. from El Hormiguero at 12545 Terra Bella St in Pacoima. Details at Facebook event.
- Saturday 8/29 – Community Coalition’s South L.A. Power Fest takes place from 1 – 8 p.m. at Martin Luther King Jr. Park at 3916 Western Avenue in South L.A. The event is a free political music festival that attracts thousands of families from South Los Angeles in a day of celebration, empowerment, and education. Free but RSVP here and additional details at Facebook event.
- It’s not too early to sign up to volunteer for the L.A. County Bicycle Coalition’s annual September bike and walk count.
Did we miss anything? Is there something we should list on future calendars? Email email@example.com.