This Week In Livable Streets
- Tuesday – 5 p.m. to 9 p.m. – Learn how $5.6 billion worth of freeway tunnels will reportedly “reduce congestion” and “improve air quality.” Metro’s and Caltrans’ SR-710 North Study hosts an informational meeting and a hearing where you can officially submit public comments. The hearing takes place at the Pasadena Convention Center. Details here and here. Similar meetings coming up May 6 and 7.
- Wednesday – 9:30 a.m. – #keepgriffithwild are urging supporters to attend the L.A. City Recreation and Parks Commission meeting, taking place at Exposition Center in Exposition Park. Agenda here. More details on Facebook.
- Wednesday and Thursday – Metro’s monthly committee meetings where the agency’s big decisions get previewed in advance of the monthly board meeting coming up Thursday, April 30. Full Metro meeting agendas and reports here.
- Thursday – 11 a.m. – Santa Monica’s Sustainable Quality Awards – see more at SQA website or Santa Monica Next.
- Thursday – 7:15 p.m. – SBLA’s editor Joe Linton speaks at a free, public Loyola Marymount University panel on blogging as a profession. Details here.
- Friday – 7:30 a.m. – Westside Urban Forum discusses development agreements. Do they work? Can they be better enforced? Details here.
- Saturday – 9:45 a.m. – Put one foot in front of the other at Walk This Way – Central Avenue Community Walk. Los Angeles Walks, Community Health Councils, National Health Foundation’s Health Academy, T.R.U.S.T. South L.A., and L.A. Great Streets host a free walk to look at destinations and places for planned new pedestrian wayfinding signage. Details at Facebook.
- Saturday – 1 p.m. Eastside Bike Club hosts its Tour De Phat People, a casual costumed 15-mile bike tour. Departs from the Highland Park Gold Line Station. Details at Facebook.
- Sunday – 10 a.m. – Bicycle Wilmington, L.A.’s most bike-lane-iferous neighborhood. East Side Riders host their Wilmington Waterfront to San Pedro Waterfront Bike Ride, about 11 miles, departing from Wilmington Waterfront Park. Details at Facebook.
- Sunday – various – Walk, bike, skate, roll to raise funds for Finish the Ride‘s work to end California’s hit-and-run epidemic! Details here.
Did we miss anything? Is there something we need to know for future calendars? Email email@example.com.