The Week in Livable Streets Events
- Tuesday – Councilmembers Mitchell Englander and Joe Buscaino will join the Los Angeles Police Department, the Department of Transportation to announce the implementation of a hit-and-run mass notification system within the City of Los Angeles. Join then at City Hall at 9:30 am, for the official announcement and an explanation of how it could work. Read the press announcement, here.
- Wednesday – It’s not the most exciting Transportation Committee meeting ever, but the good news is that the city is working with Metro to provide safety and marketing materials while construction of the MyFigueroa! project is completed. Read the agenda, here.
- Wednesday – There won’t be a Livable Streets Candidates Forum for CD14 (Downtown, El Sereno, Boyle Heights) as there was for CD 4, but I’ve been told that this Wednesday’s event held by the Downtown and Arroyo Seco Neighborhood Council’s will be the next best thing. Bike Valet provided by LACBC. Get your event details, here.
- Saturday – “The theme for Santa Monica’s winter Kidical Mass is Wheel you be my Valentine?” and is brought to you by the City of Santa Monica in conjunction with Santa Monica SPOKE. Get more details, here. Read the flyer, here.
- Saturday – The East Side Riders Bike Club and Los Ryderz, with Cyclists Inciting Change thru LIVE Exchange (C.I.C.L.E.), invite you to “Ride 4 Love,” an annual bicycle ride highlighting community love. The ride will travel through southeast communities, including Watts, Florence-Firestone, South Gate and Lynwood, making stops at the Watts Healthy Farmers’ Market, Watts Towers, AM/PM and the world-famous Elizabeth’s Bakery. Get more details, here.
Did we miss something? Is there something we need to know for next week? Email firstname.lastname@example.org