The Week in Livable Streets Events
- Tuesday – North East L.A. Alliance will be hosting “Testimonios” – a flash mob procession and public performance commemorating the histories of displacement of peoples that has taken place on the land in and around L.A. Union Station. See Facebook event for more information.
- Wednesday – Mariachi Plaza will be converted into a creative lab where local artists will be paired with “MacArturos” across a spectrum of disciplines to create instant workshops with local community member participation. Among the projects expected to unfold organically will be a large community altar with tributes to families that have been displaced due to rising rents or businesses that no longer exist. Get the details for this 6 p.m. event, here.
- Wednesday – Climate Plan hosts its yearly big fundraiser with an awards dinner and cocktail hour. Get the event details from our calendar section. Get tickets at EventBrite.
- Wednesday, Thursday – The Metro Board of Directors Committee Meetings are this week. After taking August off, the agenda is sure to be double-the-length, and DOUBLE THE FUN! The meeting agendas can be found, here.
- Thursday – Westsiders, the Culver City Bicycle Coalition is hosting a meet and greet at Kay n’ Daves. Sounds like a good time. Get the details, on Facebook.
- Friday – It’s Park(ing) Day! Look around for spaces…
- Sunday – It’s “Car-Free Day” in cities across the world. While we don’t know of any celebrations city-wide, The Valley celebrates every year with some car-free events. This year’s Car Free SFV includes tours of the Orange Line on bike or (presumably) bus. Can’t make the SFV? You can celebrate by not driving a car. Novel! Details.
Did we miss something? Is there something we need to know for next week? Email email@example.com