The Week in Livable Streets Events: Andy’s Law, HOT Lanes, Bikes, Bikes, Bikes
- Tonight – Family and Friends of Andy Garcia join other supporters of Hit and Run reform for a bike ride to draw attention to “Andy’s Law.” Andy’s Law isn’t actually a formally proposed piece of legislation, just a call for harsher sentences for any driver who hits and runs. Tonight’s ride is a fun way to get involved. You can also sign the petition at Andyslaw.com. Get more details on tonight’s ride, here.
- Wednesday – The Los Angeles City Board of Public Works meets at 9:30am in City Hall and will hear about the Landbridge Proposal to preserve the historic Riverside-Figueroa Bridge. Read the agenda here, and Landbridge information here.
- Wednesday – The Los Angeles City Council Transportation Committee meets at 2 p.m. in City Hall for the first time in a month. Highlighting the agenda is a list of projects the city will propose to be paid for by Metro’s Express Lanes proceeds. Most of the list is active transportation projects. Its pretty cool. Read the agenda here, and the proposal here.
- Thursday – The City of Los Angeles Pedestrian Advisory Committee meets to discuss what issues are plaguing walkers on L.A.’s streets and receive an update on the city’s efforts to earn more funds for sidewalk repair and other improvement projects. The meeting starts at 2. Get the details, here.
- Friday – Sunday – If you like exploring Los Angeles, good company, walking and stairs; then this is the weekend you’ve been waiting for. It’s the Big Parade! Hooray! Dan Koeppel has all you need to know on Facebook for Paraders on Friday, Saturday and Sunday.
- Saturday – Join the Los Angeles County Bicycle Coalition on our third workshop of the series – WINNING CAMPAIGNS TRAINING! Some bike infrastructure projects require a change in the way roads are used, causing heartburn for some and a misunderstanding of their benefits. LACBC staff and leaders will walk you through the tools you need to create campaigns that WIN! Register here.
- Saturday – The California Bicycle Coalition warmly invites you to our Los Angeles Better Bikeways fundraising party. Generously hosted by RAC DESIGN BUILD, that can be easily accessed from the LA River bike path to event – which is located between the Fletcher and Riverside entrances of the river path – closer to the Fletcher entrance. Get more details at CalBike.
- Sunday – Join LACBC Join us for a Long Beach tour through the neighborhoods of Poly High, Cambodia Town, Zaferia, Coronado Design District, and Rose Park – past V.I.P. Records, the Long Beach Firefighters Museum, Homeland Cultural Center, Orizaba Park, and more, and hear a little bit about each hood from some locals. The 7-mile ride is slow-paced and will reach Siem Reap, a restaurant in the bike friendly business district in Cambodia Town, by noon. Get more details, here.
Is there something we missed? Something we need to know for next time? Let us know, firstname.lastname@example.org.