The Week in Livable Streets Events
- Monday, Tuesday – People St is hosting a series of information seminars for interested Community Partners. Take a look in advance at the Application Manuals and other program materials and join them at the Caltrans building on Monday evening or in the LADOT station in Hollywood on Tuesday. Get all the event details, here.
- Tuesday – The family of hit and run victim Andy Garcia is planning a memorial ride to the courthouse for the sentencing of the woman who committed this act of savagery. The hearing will begin at 9 a.m. on the 3rd floor of Court 37 (210 W. Temple). They will meet up to ride at the grassy corner of Atlantic and Gage in Bell Gardens at 6:30 a.m. and ride out at 7 a.m. sharp. The Facebook event page is here. The family has not yet set a route, but we will update you when they do. Read more at Sahra’s story from last week.
- Tuesday – Next Tuesday night, Bike Talk will be recording a special episode hosted by some inspirational local bicycling women. While women make up only 16% of bike ridership in the City of L.A., many women are at the forefront of the local bicycling movement and are working to get more women riding! Get the information on how to leave a question or listen in on our calendar page.
- Tuesday – Los Angeles Walks holds an “Ambassador Planning Meeting” at the HUB L.A. Get involved with Los Angeles Walks this year by helping leading walks in the City of Los Angeles. We’re looking for a few super passionate walkers to help us organize one walk a month to explore a different part of the City of Los Angeles. Get all the details and RSVP on Facebook.
- Thursday – Last month’s Transit Coalition Dinner Meeting was moved to this week to accommodate some staffing changes at Metro. The meeting still starts at 6:45 pm in Metro HQ. You still have to RSVP on Event Brite to get in. Do so, here.
Did we miss something? Is there something we need to know about next week or in the future? Emaul firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.