The Week in Livable Streets Events
- Tuesday, Saturday, Monday – Councilmember José Huizar is hosting three public meetings with the Pershing Square Task Force to get input on how the park should be improved. The first is scheduled for Tuesday, Nov. 19, at 7:30 a.m. at Perch restaurant, at 448 S. Hill St.; the second is slated for Nov. 23 at 10:30 a.m. at the Millennium Biltmore Hotel at 506 S. Grand Ave.; the final meeting will take place Nov. 25 at 6 p.m. at the Pacific Room on 526 W. Sixth St. Get more details on our calendar page.
- Wednesday – Young Professionals in Transportation (YPT-LA) is excited to kick off a new series of events combining two favorite activities! Transit-Oriented Drinks will gather at a great bar within spitting distance of a Metro station. This week, you can try spitting from Hollywood and Vine Red Line Station. Get the details on Facebook.
- Wednesday, Thursday – Committee meetings for the Metro Board of Directors will take place this week for a Board meeting on December 5. Read all the agendas, here.
- Thursday – L.A. Walks and the LACBC team up for a speaker’s series focused on the health benefits of walking and bicycling. I bet there’s a bunch of them. Get the event details here.
- Thursday – So we don’t usually add charity bicycle rides or road races, but call me a sucker for current events. The Philippines was hit by a massive typhoon on November 8th. “Just Ride L.A.” decided to throw a benefit race on November 21st to help raise as much money as possible for the victims of Typhoon Haiyan. Donation will be $10 to race. All proceeds will go directly to relief efforts. Get the details here, on their Facebook Page.
- Friday-Sunday – The L.A. Grand Prix is going on at the VELO Sports Center this weekend. You can get more information from USA Cycling. There’s also a special Bike Train going to Saturday’s races that will feature our friends with Wolfpack Hustle.
Did we miss anything? Is there something we need to know about for next week? Email firstname.lastname@example.org