The Week in Livable Streets Events
- Right Now – As we speak, they are re-opening the new park at Spring Street in Downtown Los Angeles. The park is opening from renovations a cool two months ahead of schedule. There’s a good look at what happened at the park this past year at L.A. Downtown News.
- Tuesday – You know how you can tell things are out of control? When the City Council needs to decide whether or not to repaint a bike lane. Yet, that’s what’s going to happen at City Hall tomorrow. The battle over Spring Street comes to its conclusion tomorrow at 10 in City Hall.
- Tonight – The Crenshaw Subway Coalition is gearing up for an even larger fight than the (seemingly) successful campaign for a Leimert Park Station. The community group is claiming that Metro deliberately turned back bids that would have allowed construction of a tunnel for the rail line through the Crenshaw Business District. They’re having a meeting tonight to discuss. Get the details of their position, here. The meeting is at 6:30 at 3341 W. 43rd Place, Leimert Park, CA 90008.
- Wednesday, Thursday – Watch Metro Board sausage get made. Yum. The committee hearings that precede the always entertaining Metro Board of Directors meetings are this week. Links to all the agendas, are here.
- Wednesday – It’s Tom LaBonge’s big adventure, Part III. This time the fun starts at the Sherman Oaks Fire Station. Look at the full Tour LaBonge schedule, right here.
- Sunday – CicLAvia!
Did we miss something? Is there something we need to know for next week and beyond? Let us know, firstname.lastname@example.org.