The Weekend in Livable Streets Events
- Thursday – The Transit Coalition has a powerhouse conversation lined up with Metro Board of Directors’ Super Board Member Richard Katz and Move L.A. Executive Director Denny Zane. The meeting starts at 6:45 in Metro HQ, but you need to make a reservation first on Event Brite. Check it out.
- Thursday, Saturday -The Los Angeles Department of City Planning would like to invite you to attend one of two workshops for the Exposition Corridor Transit Neighborhood Plan. The project focuses on adopting new development regulations around existing and future Expo Line stations that will better support vibrant, pedestrian-friendly neighborhoods. Get the details for the two West L.A. events, here.
- Friday – Critical Mass, Critical Mass. Wilshire/Western. 7:30. Critical Mass.
- Saturday – We normally wouldn’t flag something such as the Santa Monica Festival, but this year they’re debuting the newest, highest tech/lowest emission Big Blue Bus. I’m told there’s special tours for children of the buses. Anything that makes buses cool to kids gets a nod on Streetsblog. In addition, anyone riding to the event on the BBB’s #8 Line gets to ride for free. We’ll have a copy of the coupon for the free ride on Streetsblog LITE later today (Update: here it is.) In the meantime, you can read all about the festival on Yelp.
- Saturday – It’s the L.A. Walks party of the year at Deborah Murphy’s house. We had a blast at a similar party back in April, and the views, food and company promise to be amazing. You have to donate through Kickstarter to attend, so make your reservation today.
Did we miss something? Want to give us a heads up for next week? Drop me a line, email@example.com.