The Week in Livable Streets Events
- Tuesday – The Century City Chamber of Commerce is holding their annual transportation summit, with the usual mix of heavy hitters and Century City power brokers. You can get all the details for this 7:30 am meeting, here.
- Tuesday – It’s the next stop on the Buscaino/Englander #RoadBond Road Show. Get the details on Tuesday’s meeting, by clicking here.
- Tuesday – The West L.A. Neighborhood Council will hear a proposal to widen Bundy Boulevard to add bicycle lanes on the Westside. Curbed has the details, here.
- Wednesday – The Los Angeles City Council will hear a proposal by Hertz On Demand and LADOT to switch “official” car share providers from ZipCar to Hertz on Demand. The switch could see hundreds of new car share cars on the street by the end of the year. Read the full City Council agenda here. The carshare item is #28.
- Friday – Another pre-work hours meeting from some powerful business groups. The Los Angeles Business Council Sustainability Summit runs most of the day Friday for those that are interested. Did they get a better lineup than the Century City Chamber of Commerce? Let us know for fun in the comments section.
- Saturday – It seems like the best art rides happen Northeast of Downtown Los Angeles. Be it the monthly Spoken Art Ride by Flying Pigeon or this week’s Pasadena Art Ride on Saturday morning. Ride starts at 11. Get the details, here.
- Saturday – From 10-4 on Saturday is the Mar Vista Green Garden Showcase. The event features some of the best in sustainable design and gardening in the city. It’s also a great excuse to go for a bike ride. You know, knock some rust of the cruiser before CicLAvia. Look at the map, here.
- Sunday – There’s apparently some sort of event called CicLAvia. I’ve never heard of it. But, you can get more information about the map, times, events, and other CicLAvia goodies, here, here, here, here, and here.
- Saturday, April 27 – Join us on April 27th at 6:30 p.m. at the Silver Lake home of Deborah Murphy for our 5th birthday party and a celebration of our 2012 Streetsie Award winners. The suggested donation is $25 for students, $50 for subscribers and $100 general admission. As always, nobody will be turned away, but this is a fundraiser so please donate what you can. RSVP on Facebook or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Did we miss something? Is there something we need to know going forward? Email, email@example.com