Los Angeles County Active Transportation Coalition Meeting
Save the Date for the Los Angeles County Active Transportation Coalition Meeting on Wednesday March 27th at 2pm at Exposition Park in Los Angeles
Join the Safe Routes to School National Partnership, Prevention Institute, Los Angeles County Department of Public Health, Los Angeles County Bicycle Coalition, Los Angeles Walks and partners and friends from all over Los Angeles County to discuss Transportation Policy and Investments to improve the built environment for our communities.
This event is open and free for all to attend, but RSVP’s are required and space is limited so sign up today!
- RSVP Here for Wednesday March 27th 2-4pm
- 800 Exposition Park – Wallis Annenberg Building, Los Angeles CA 90037
- Go Metro and transit/walk/bicycle to this meeting! Parking will not paid for by meeting organizers. We intentionally picked a meeting space within walking distance of Metro light rail (Expo Line: Expo Park/USC stop). This area is also served by Metro bus 200 and other connecting lines. Go Metro and enjoy the walk!
- Contact: Jessica Meaney firstname.lastname@example.org or (213) 221-7179 with questions and/or concerns.
- Welcome/Introductions – Pauline Chow and Jessica Meaney, SRTSNP staffers and Taj & Sadiq, students of Dr. Theodore T. Alexander Science Center School
- Framing of Issue – Jessica Meaney, SRTSNP staffer (sharing of findings from LA County Transportation Finance Research)
- Problem Statement of LA County Built Environment from community leaders/sectors – 5-6 minutes each speaker
- Manal Aboelata, Prevention Institute – health perspective (confirmed)
- Martha Cortes/Mark Paredes, Alliance for a Better Community – education and family perspective (confirmed)
- Mary Lee/Enrique Velasquez, Policy Link – equity perspective (confirmed)
- Jamecca Marshall, Advancement Project – public safety perspective (confirmed)
- Denny Zane, Move LA – transportation perspective (confirmed)
- Jackie Cornejo, LAANE – jobs and economic development perspective (invited)
- Kristin Eberhard, Natural Resource Defense Council – environmental perspective (invited)
- Next Steps & Policy Goals for LAC & Group Discussion – Eric Bruins, Rye Baerg, Alexis Lantz
Read more about our Los Angeles County Active Transportation Coalition here.