Featured Headline: I’m sorry I missed the Times’ Bill Plaschke horrifically bad opinion piece calling for a smaller Dodger Stadium so all the important people who drive there don’t have to wait in traffic with peons yesterday. Plaschke is known nationally as an unbelievably bad journalist and writer in sports circles, so I’m sorry I missed my “Fire Joe Morgan” moment. Steve Hymon beat me to it, in a pretty snarky read for The Source. Bravo, Steve.
- Asm. Portantino on Caltrans: If these folks can’t be trusted to fix a roof, how can we trust them to build a $15 billion tunnel? (LAT)
- Major CEQA Reforms Moving Quickly Through Closing Leg. Session (Chronicle, SacBee)
- Editorial: Don’t Rush Changes to Landmark Enviro. Law (LAT)
- Assembly Also Gives Green Light to Measure J (The Source)
- More on Hollywood Central Park’s Big Day (LAist, Curbed)
- Santa Monica’s Michigan Avenue Will Transform to Urban Greenway (Mirror via Curbed)
- 2011: Carmageddon’s Coming, Stay Home. 2012: Carmageddon’s Coming, Stay Local. (Bike Commute News)
- The History of Griffith Park (KCET)
- Banks Letting Blight Take Over Foreclosed Homes and Getting Away with It (Daily News)
- Myth of the High Speed Rail Boondoggle (Daily Kos)
- Coalition Proposes Far Reaching CEQA Reforms (CAHSR Blog)
- City Council Rejects Changes to Fundraising Timeline for City Office (LAT)
- Forget the Talk of Mar Vista Seceding (Mar Vista Mom)
More headlines at Streetsblog Capitol Hill
Update: “Plaschke” spelling fixed.