Featured Headline, When Westside Pols Attack: Yesterday the L.A. County Planning Commission sent the L.A. County Bike Plan back to the drawing board. Instead of voting on the plan yesterday, the put off the vote until January. Streetsblog wasn’t in the room, but Supervisor Zev Yaroslavsky’s web team was, and they wrote an article that sounded pretty sympathetic to cyclists concerns with the plan.
Meanwhile, a petition is circulating demanding that Metro include a Westchester Station as part of the Crenshaw/LAX rail plan. The petition circulator? City Councilman Bill Rosendahl.
- More on L.A.’s Efforts to Take Transpo. Tips Online to Create Better Streets (Curbed, KPCC)
- Westsiders Weigh-In On Expo Phase II: We Want Bikes! (Wave, Patch)
- “Slurry in a Hurry” – Best Description of Mayor’s Road Plan Yet (KCET)
- High Speed Rail Critics Pack Public Meetings (HuffPo)
- Kings County Sues CA High-Speed Rail Authority (Mercury News)
- A Look at L.A.’s Front Yard Farmer’s Market Ordinance (City Watch)
- City Council Schedules Vote on 6th Street Bridge Re-Construction (LAT)
- Beverly Hills City Council Throws Another $650K at Tunnel (Patch)
- Is LEED Discouraging Bike Parking Rooms? (NYT)
- Gas Prices Fall Everyday for a Week (Daily News)