Envisioning a Multi-Modal Sunset Junction – Tonight!
The City of Los Angeles planning department is partnering with
SCAG’s Compass Blueprint to make the Sunset Junction Metro stop more community friendly by increasing bicycle and pedestrian access to the stop. The study will also look at the potential for transit oriented development for the area.
The first community meeting for this project is tonight, so if you have na idea to make Sunset Junction a better place for commuters make sure to stop by the Casa Laguna Community Room at the corner of Sunset and Myra, tonight at 6:30.
Below are the goals and tactics for the study as taken from the Compass Blueprint website:
- Create full streetscape design the that recognizes the multi-modal character of the intersection
- Develop designs for a potential transit plaza at the station
- Explore possibilities of better linking the Redline stations
- Investigate potential developments and neighborhood improvements in the area
Services Included in the Study:
- Public workshop and design ‘charrette’ with local stakeholders to explore desires and needs of the community
- Interviews of individual stakeholders as well as developers to asses needs
- Property value impact analysis from projects associated with the transit stop
- Opportunities and Constraint analysis of existing land use and development types
- Develop building prototypes congruent with local character
- Tipping point/ROI analysis to estimate necessary rent and taxes on new mixed-use developments
Photos: Compass Blueprint