Another relatively light week. That either means I’m missing something or everyone was planning on being wiped out for the Lakers victory parade this week and didn’t schedule anything. What? The parade isn’t for the Lakers?
- Today – It’s the Kings’ victory parade. LAist has the details.
- Today – Remember today is the last day to get your questions in for James Pocrass, partner at Pocrass and De Los Reyes LLC, personal injury attorneys. You can use social media @streetsblogla or our Facebook page, or leave a comment here. We got some good ones already.
- Today - The City of Los Angeles – Wilshire BRT Construction Team will host a construction update briefing on the evening of June 16, 2014, from 6 to 7:30 p.m. Wilshire BRT construction on Wilshire Blvd between St Andrews and San Vicente will be discussed. Parking will not be validated.
- Wednesday, Thursday – The highlight of this month’s Metro Board of Directors meetings isn’t the transit stuff, it’s the CicLAvia everywhere stuff. Exciting. Get all the committee agendas, here.
- Thursday – Thursday is “Dump the Pump” Day. Usually, we see a lot of press releases and such around this, but all I’ve seen so far is this notice of free rides on Culver City Transit tweeted by Mayor Meghan Sahli-Wells. If we see more, we’ll announce on our social media.
- Saturday - C.I.C.L.E. and Bike Odyssey LA, will lead a theatrical community bicycle event, “The Pedal Powered Street Theater Ride.” As we pedal along, riders will be immersed in stories from Homer’s The Odyssey, reimagined in modern Los Angeles County. Audiences will ride through Angeleno history transformed into Greek legends of craftiness and pride; replete with all the monsters, epic poetry, and sacrificial vegetables you could ask for. Get more details, here.
- Sunday – Pre-CicLAvia, this was the largest permitted bike ride in Los Angeles. Now everything is permitted. We’ve come so far. But I digress…the LACBC’s biggest fundraiser is the River Ride this weekend. Come out, ride for awhile, and raise money for our bike advocates. Get more details, here.
Well, did I miss something? Is there something I need to add for next week? Drop me a line. firstname.lastname@example.org