It is Bike Month, so there are lots of great rides and workshops, including the first ever Southeast Cities CicLAvia. Key meetings, too, regarding L.A.’s Mobility Plan, Fletcher Drive bike lanes, Caltrans statewide bike plan, and parking in Santa Monica.
- Monday 5/9 – The L.A. County Bicycle Coalition has proclaimed today as Mobility Monday. The coalition is encouraging supporters of L.A. City’s ambitious multi-modal Mobility Plan 2035 to contact elected official in support of Wednesday’s Mobility Plan hearing at this week’s L.A. City Transportation Committee. Details at LACBC alert.
- Tuesday 5/10 – Caltrans is conducting regional forums across the state with local and regional agencies to support development of the first California State Bicycle and Pedestrian Plan (CSBPP). The series touches down this week at the Southern California Association of Governments (SCAG) office at 818 W 7th Street, 12th Floor, in downtown Los Angeles. Public agencies are invited to attend from 1 to 3 p.m., with a broader open house for public input starting at 3 p.m. Public agency space is limited, RSVP requested.
- Tuesday 5/10 – Walk Bike Glendale hosts free pre-Bike-to-Work-Week bike skills workshops. Classroom workshop will take place at 7 p.m. at Pacific Park Community Center at 501 S Pacific Avenue in Glendale. Details at Walk Bike Glendale. RSVP requested.
- Tuesday 5/10 – Head to Santa Monica City Hall at 6 p.m. tomorrow to celebrate the proclamation of Bike Month. Details at Facebook event. The SM City Council is also looking to adopt new parking regulations that would disincentivize driving into downtown Santa Monica. Details at meeting agenda.
- Wednesday 5/11 – Mobility Plan 2035 is back before the L.A. City Council Transportation Committee. It is a safe bet that plan opponents will show up, so multi-modal proponents should be there as well. The hearing will be at 1 p.m. at room 1010 at Los Angeles City Hall at 200 North Spring Street (entrance on Main Street) in downtown L.A. Details at meeting agenda.
- Thursday 5/12 – The Glassell Park Improvement Association with L.A. City Councilmember Mitch O’Farrell hosts a meeting to learn more about the Fletcher Drive Streetscape Project, which is slated to include a landscaped median and bike lanes from San Fernando Road to Eagle Rock Boulevard. The meeting takes place at 7 p.m. at 3750 Verdugo Drive in Glassell Park. Details, including street plans, at GPIA.
- Thursday 5/12 – Walk Bike Glendale hosts another free bike skills classroom workshop at 7 p.m. at Pacific Park Community Center at 501 S Pacific Avenue in Glendale. Details at Walk Bike Glendale. RSVP requested.
- Saturday 5/14 – Multicultural Communities hosts its Eastside Mural Ride. It will be a slow-medium pace, family-friendly, ten-mile bike ride. Free arts workshop before the ride. Meet at 9 a.m. at Mariachi Plaza at 1831 E 1st Street in Boyle Heights. Details at Facebook event.
- Saturday 5/14 – River L.A. invites the public to a Lower Los Angeles River Listening Session. The meeting will take place from 10 a.m. to noon at the Girls Club House in South Gate Park at 9520 Hildreth Avenue in South Gate. Details at Facebook event.
- Saturday 5/14 – East Side Riders are hosting a pre-CicLAvia party from noon to 5 p.m at East Side Riders Bike Club at 11321 S Central Avenue in South L.A. Details at Facebook event.
- Sunday 5/15 – In this spring of open streets, CicLAvia is back! First time ever for a Southeast Cities CicLAvia, including Watts, Florence Firestone, South Gate, Huntington Park, Walnut Park, and Lynwood. The free family-friendly festival takes place from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Very easy access via Metro Blue Line Firestone and 103rd / Watts Towers Stations and the Metro Green Line Long Beach Boulevard Station. Route, feeder rides, and other details at CicLAvia. Share event via Facebook.
- Sunday 5/15 – Culver City Walk ‘n’ Rollers host a Kidical Mass Family Fun bike ride this Sunday at 11 a.m. at Veterans Memorial Park at 4117 Overland Avenue in Culver City. Details at Facebook event.
Register Now for Monday-Tuesday 6/6-7 – California Walks hosts its statewide PedsCount 2016 two-day conference at the Courtyard Marriot in downtown Long Beach next month. Registration and further details at California Walks. Registration deadline is May 25.
Did we miss anything? Is there something we should list on future calendars? Email email@example.com.