- Tuesday 3/29 Today – It is your last chance to catch Portland City Repair’s Mark Lakeman on this Southern California Tour. Lakeman delivers a free talk at 4 p.m. at Deaton Auditorium in front of LAPD Headquarters at 100 W First Street in downtown Los Angeles. Details on flier at Great Streets Twitter.
- Thursday 4/1 – The UCLA Luskin Center for Innovation, Liberty Hill Foundation, and the SB 535 Coalition host a forum entitled “Ensuring Climate Equity for Low-Income Californians.” The free event takes place from 11 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. at UCLA Luskin School of Public Affairs, Room 2355 at 337 Charles E Young Drive East on the UCLA Campus. More details and preregistration at Regonline.
- Saturday 4/2 – Re:code L.A. hosts another in its series of public forums on re-configuring L.A.’s zoning codes. This open house takes place from 9 a.m. to 12 noon at the Marvin Braude Constituent Service Center at 6262 Van Nuys Boulevard, in Van Nuys. Easy access via the Metro Orange Line. Details at re:code website.
- Saturday 4/2 – Si Se Mueve hosts a bike tour highlighting the native landscape, history, and current context of the Hahamongna River, (the Arroyo Seco) and honoring Tongva ancestors. Meet at 10 a.m. at the Metro Gold Line Highland Park Station. Details at Facebook event.
- Saturday 4/2 – The USC Students of Color and Allies Policy Forum (SCAPF) will host its policy forum Dismantling “Race-Neutral” Policies; Disrupting Power Relations. The free event takes place from 12 noon to 8 p.m. at the USC Radisson Hotel at 3540 South Figueroa Street in South Los Angeles. Free, but pre-registration requested via Eventbrite. More details at Facebook event.
- Sunday 4/3 – The L.A. County Bicycle Coalition hosts its recurring Sunday Funday ride, this month celebrates Operation Firefly by touring historic street lighting. Meet at 9:30 a.m. at Barnsdall Art Park at 4800 Hollywood Boulevard in East Hollywood. Details at Facebook event.
- Next Week: Tuesday 4/5 and Thursday 4/7 – Metro hosts community meetings for public input on its Measure R2 expenditure plan. Tuesday’s meeting is in Agoura; Thursday’s is in El Monte. Meeting details at Metro’s The Source.
Did we miss anything? Is there something we should list on future calendars? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.