- Tonight – LongBeachize hosts its first ever happy hour at the Blind Donkey (149 Linden Ave, Long Beach) with specials sponsored by New Belgian Brewing. Love those guys. The happy hour kicks off the LongBeachize fall pledge drive. Make a donation to keep us kicking in The Beach in 2015. Event information is here. You can donate or make a pledge, here.
- Tuesday - The South Robertson Neighborhood Council Transportation Committee is meeting at 7 p.m. at the Hamilton High School Cafeteria (2955 S. Robertson Blvd, 90034) to discuss the fatal collision at Venice and Robertson that took the life of a Hamilton student walking to school 2 weeks ago. The committee will be considering asking the city for safety improvements to this intersection. A candlelight vigil will be held before the meeting at 6:15 in front of the school. For more information, click here.
- Tuesday – PXP, the Inglewood Oil Field drilling company, is required to meet with the community once a year. Community activists are concerned that a recent report concluded that consultants cannot find a causal relationship between ground movement and oil field operations even though the only industrial underground operation altering pressures is the oil field. Get more details on the meeting, here.
- Thursday – The City of Los Angeles’ Pedestrian Advisory Committee and Safe Routes to Schools Advisory Committee are joining forces for a special meeting this Thursday at 2 p.m. You can read the combined agenda, here.
- Thursday – Join Pershing Square Renew in the heart of Downtown for a fun-filled night of music, art, food, ice skating, interactive games, and prize-giveaways. Although this night will be about having fun and celebrating with the community, it will also be an opportunity for you to weigh in on your hopes, dreams, and aspirations for a renewed Pershing Square. Read the head’s up, here.
- Friday - The Caltrans Bicycle Advisory Committee also meets this week. The draft agenda is not quite as inspiring as the one for the pedestrian committees. That’s a first. Of course, things can always be added as the week goes on. Get the details, here.
- Friday – Speaking of Happy Hours, Santa Monica Next will be holding one at Copa d’Oro in Downtown Santa Monica at 5:30 p.m. Look for more details later today at Santa Monica Next.
- Sunday - Please join students from Cal Poly Pomona’s Department of Urban and Regional Planning for an interactive workshop focused on the neighborhood history of Boyle Heights. See the flyer, here.
Did we miss something? Is there something we need to know about for next week or beyond? Email, firstname.lastname@example.org