- Monday 9/19 – Tonight! Happy Urbanists meet up tonight from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. at the art gallery of Diego Cardoso, located at the Santee Court Lofts at 716 S Los Angeles Street, Suite B, in downtown Los Angeles. Details at Facebook event.
- Tuesday 9/20 – Join the Southern California chapter of the Association of Pedestrian and Bicycle Professionals (APBP) in learning about the Los Angeles Department of Transportation’s (LADOT) innovative People St Program. LADOT’s Brian Oh will be sharing how communities can create plazas and parklets. Aaron Aulenta from the North Hollywood Business Improvement District will be describing the BID’s experience maintaining the NoHo People St Plaza. There is also a networking happy hour and networking afterwards at Pitfire Pizza. Free, but suggested $10 donation. The event takes place from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. at the NoHo Plaza (alley off of Lankershim Blvd at Magnolia Blvd) in North Hollywood. RSVP and for more details, go to eventbrite.
- Wednesday 9/21 – Metro hosts its Citizens’ Advisory Council General Assembly Meeting Agenda, including a look at Metro ridership and reliability. Meeting takes place at 6 p.m. at the Union Station Conference Room on the third floor at Metro Headquarters at One Gateway Plaza, behind Union Station in downtown L.A. Details at Metro.
- Thursday 9/22 – Metro’s monthly board meeting will take place starting at 9 a.m. at the boardroom at Metro headquarters at One Gateway Plaza behind Union Station in downtown L.A. This month’s agenda includes heavy rail vehicles (new purchases and rehabilitation), open streets, West Santa Ana Branch rail, and more. Details at Metro meeting page.
- Thursday 9/22 – As part of Homes For All / Hogares Para Todxs national Renters Day of Action For Dignity and Respect, people will take to the streets to end evictions, rising rents and displacement. Angelenos can participate locally in a march and rally from 12 noon to 2 p.m. at LaFayette Park at 625 S La Fayette Park Place in Westlake. Details at Facebook event.
- Saturday 9/24 – Black Kids on Bikes is holding a free tune-up session in the Leimert Park plaza from 10 a.m to 12:30 p.m. The monthly BKOB Freedom Ride will take place right after, so please feel free to push some pedals with the crew. Details at Facebook event.
- Saturday 9/24 – The L.A. County Bicycle Coalition will host a Family Fun Ride on the L.A. River. Meet at 11 a.m. at Marsh Park at 2944 Gleneden Street in Elysian Valley. RSVP and for more details, go to LACBC.
- Sunday 9/25 – Hear car-free stories at BUSted with featured storytellers include Tony Bartolone, Brandon Burkhart, Mike Gamms, Julia Pels, and Alissa Walker. Hear the tales from 5 to 7 p.m. at Stories L.A. Books & Cafe at 1716 W Sunset Boulevard in Echo Park. Details at Facebook event.
Did we miss anything? Is there something we should list on future calendars? Email joe [at] streetsblog.org.