There’s a full week of advocacy opportunities ahead, but I’m probably most excited about the Wolfpack Hustle Marathon Crash. If I were going I would be even more excited, but it starts like 5 hours after I’m asleep.
- Tuesday - Come help the pedestrian superheroes of Los Angeles Walks protect pedestrians at busy intersections. The meet is at the northwest corner or Alameda and Los Angeles st at the Placita de Dolores. Volunteer training begins every hour. The fun starts at 4. Get the details, here.
- Tuesday – With bike lanes in West Hollywood and Los Angeles on Santa Monica, the missing gap along this important east/west corridor is Beverly Hills. A Blue Ribbon Committee has officially recommended to council that they widen Santa Monica and stripe in bike lanes, but the council may still need convincing as detractors have been attending meetings in the past. Get the details, here.
- Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday – Each year, the City of Los Angeles receives federal grant funds to assist businesses to create jobs; provide job training for adults and youth; improve neighborhoods through projects that eliminate slum and blight; affordable housing, services for Domestic Violence Shelters , and fair housing. These public hearings, starting at 6 pm in The Valley, Central L.A. and South L.A. respectively, will help the city create a priority list to submit to the feds. Get the details, here.
- Wednesday – Councilmember Huizar is sponsoring “Complete Streets Day” at City Hall during the City Council meeting. I honestly have no idea what that means, but we’ll be there. 10 am at City Hall. If you get it, it will be broadcast live on Channel 35.
- Wednesday – Expect there to be a lot said about Metro’s fare proposal,teh one that would both raise base fares and eliniate the cost of transfers, over the next month. The public hearing the the Metro Board Room is March 29. The first chance to officially weigh-in comes Tuesday night at the San Fernando Valley Service Sector meeting. Read the meeting’s agenda, here. And you can read about Metro’s fare proposal, here.
- Thursday – Cyclists ride to the trial for the hit and run driver that killed Andy Garcia. Come out and support a fallen rider(s) and support his family as the jury trial begins. Read more on Facebook.
- Sunday – CANCELLED –
Remember when the Marathon Crash Race, brought to you by Wolfpack Hustle, was the largest bicycle event in the city? Ahhh, life pre-CicLAvia. But that doesn’t mean this event isn’t an amazing bicycling event. Meet at 3. Ride starts at 4. I would register ahead of time. Get the details, here.
Did we miss something? Is there something we need to know for next week? Email firstname.lastname@example.org