Jason Islas, our Santa Monica Next editor, has put a lot of time into making tonight’s Santa Monica candidate forum a winner. This is the second time this year we’ve hosted a debate that will feature a future mayor after our Long Beach forum last February. Join us either at the forum or online. And that’s not even the highlight of the week (unless you actually live in Santa Monica). Tomorrow night, we are sponsoring a meet and greet with Seleta Reynolds with L.A. Walks, LACBC, and the Safe Routes to Schools National Partnership.
- Tonight – Live from the Santa Monica Central Library, it’s the Santa Monica Next/League of Women Voter’s Candidates Forum. We worked with LoWV and Santa Monica Spoke to devise a great list of questions for the candidates. Can’t make it at 6:30 tonight? Join us on Live Stream, here. Get the rest of the debate information, here.
- Tuesday – Get all the information about Tuesday’s meet-and-greet with LADOT General Manager Seleta Reynolds by clicking here.
- Wednesday – The City Council Transportation Committee meets at 2 p.m. to discuss parking and traffic control officers. I know, not the most exciting meeting. Anyway, to read the full agenda, click here.
- Wednesday -In historically transportation challenged Los Angeles, a new breed of mobile apps and social media-enabled programs – that reward urban explorers for…well, being more mobile, and challenge commuters to choose more efficient modes of transportation – is changing how we get around town. Join Consensus for Social Media Week Los Angeles panel discussion about the “gamification of transportation.” For more information, click here.
Thursday – Live from the Taj Mahal in Downtown Los Angeles, it’s the Metro Board of Directors. The full agenda hasn’t been posted as of the time of this writing, but when it is it will be posted, here.Oops – Metro board usually meets the last week of the month, but this time they’re meeting next week: Thursday October 2nd!
- Saturday - This Saturday, through a sponsorship by Metro, C.I.C.L.E., and Walk Bike Glendale, will lead “Glendale: The Jewel City Tour.” Riders will pedal to the city’s beloved Porto’s Bakery, the iconic and regal Alex Theater and Golden Road Brewing. Participants will enjoy a sweet treat from Porto’s to jumpstart the ride and will jump into the history of each establishment along the way. For the full listing, click here.
Did we miss anything? Is there something we need to know for next week? Let us know, email@example.com.