The city of L.A.’s Mobility Plan faces its first city council vote, Metro’s Active Transportation Plan, Lincoln Boulevard, and a Westside CicLAvia all mean it is a packed week. And if you read and appreciate Streetblog, come support us on Saturday!
- Monday 8/3 - Today is Mobility Monday in anticipation of tomorrow’s L.A. City Council committee hearing on the city’s new Mobility Plan. Share, tweet, email, call, telegraph, messenger, etc. to show your councilmember that you support L.A.’s planned multi-modal future. Details here.
- Tuesday 8/4 – The city’s proposed new Mobility Plan is up for a vote at the city’s Transportation and Planning committees. The hearing will be at 2:30 p.m. at the 3rd floor council chambers at L.A. City Hall. Meeting agenda [PDF] here. For information on the plan, see earlier SBLA coverage here.
- Tuesday 8/4 – Santa Monica’s Commuter Challege kicks off with a breakfast at the Colorado Center Palm Courtyard (2425 Colorado Ave) from 9 a.m. to 10:30 am. More details at Santa Monica Next.
- Wednesday 8/5 – Test drive Metro bike-share at a demo from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. at Lunch Á La Park in Grand Park in downtown L.A. Details here.
- Wednesday 8/5 – Metro is looking for input on its Active Transportation Strategic Plan. The agency is hosting the first of its workshops tomorrow from 4 p.m. to 6 p.m. at Grace Black Auditorium at 3130 Tyler Avenue in El Monte. More details at Metro.
- Thursday 8/6 – Help redesign Santa Monica’s Lincoln Boulevard. Attend a community meeting from 7 p.m. to 9 pm. at John Muir/Smash Auditorium, 2525 5th Street in Santa Monica. Details at Facebook event.
- Saturday 8/8 – You’re reading Streetsblog L.A. right now, and if you like what you see, please support us at our fundraiser from 6 p.m. to 9 p.m. at L.A. Eco-Village in Koreatown. Tickets are only $25. If you can’t afford that and you’d like to help our, we’re looking for a couple good volunteers, too – email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Sunday 8/9 – CicLAvia opens Culver City and Venice from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.! Details here.
Did we miss anything? Is there something we should list on future calendars? Email email@example.com.