#DamienTalksSGV 31: Proposed Changes to Service and Fares for Foothill Transit
Today, #DamienTalks with Felicia Friesema with Foothill Transit about the changes staff has proposed for the fare structure and bus service offered by Foothill Transit. Our talk covers an overview of the changes, the response from Foothill Transit riders, and a handful of questions submitted by Streetsblog readers.
Late last month, Foothill Transit announced plans for its bus service to react to ridership changes caused by the opening of the first phase of the Gold Line Foothill Extension. Last week, its board of directors approved taking the changes to the public through a series of hearings before a board vote later this spring.
The San Gabriel Valley Tribune has broken down the largest changes, including segmenting Line 187, that currently runs from Pasadena to Montclair. The change will allow Foothill Transit to focus on more local service on the new Line 187 (Pasadena to Azusa) and Line 188 (Azusa to Montclair).
To weigh-in on the changes, the easiest way is to email Foothill Transit at changes@FoothillTransit.org.
#DamienTalks is supported by Foothill Transit, offering car-free travel throughout the San Gabriel Valley with connections to the new Gold Line Stations across the Foothills and Commuter Express lines traveling into the heart of downtown L.A. To plan your trip, visit Foothill Transit. “Foothill Transit. Going Good Places.”
List of remaining hearings on proposed changes at Foothill Transit:
• April 12, 4 p.m. to 6 p.m., Covina City Hall, 125 E. College St., Covina, CA 91723.
• April 13, 4 p.m. to 6 p.m., San Dimas City Hall (Stanley Plummer Community Building), 245 E. Bonita Ave., San Dimas, CA 91773.
• April 18, 1 p.m. to 3 p.m., Pomona Library, 625 S. Garey Ave, Pomona, CA 91766.
• April 20, 1 p.m. to 3 p.m., El Monte City Hall East, 11333 Valley Blvd., El Monte, CA 91731
• April 22, 9 a.m. (official public hearing), Foothill Transit offices, 100 S. Vincent Ave., West Covina, CA 91790.