This Week In Livable Streets
- Monday 10/24 – If you are excited about downtown L.A.’s big complete streets makeover called My Figueroa then come celebrate today. MyFig groundbreaking ceremonies take place today at 3:30 p.m. at the northeast corner of 11th Street and Figueroa Street (across from L.A. Live) in downtown L.A.
- Tuesday 10/25 – The L.A. County Board of Supervisors will consider adopting of the Puente Hills Master Plan. The supervisors meeting starts at 9:30 a.m., however the plan item wont be heard till at least 10:30 a.m. It takes place in Room 381B of the Kenneth Hahn Hall of Administration at 500 West Temple Street in downtown Los Angeles. Day One encourages concerned folks to urge supes to “support a multi-use Puente Hills park that provides a diverse array of recreational opportunities including multi-use trails and a bike park.” Details at Facebook event.
- Tuesday 10/25 – Caltrans is hosting a southern California community meeting for the agency’s statewide Bicycle and Pedestrian Plan. The meeting takes place from 1-3 p.m. at the Southern California Association of Governments (SCAG) 12th Floor Board Room at 818 West 7th Street (across from the 7th/Metro subway station) in downtown Los Angeles. For concerned persons who can not attend, give input via a survey, and/or follow the meeting on your phone of the web. Details at Caltrans.
- Wednesday 10/26 – Metro’s Citizens Advisory Council will discuss joint development and transit oriented communities at its 6 pm. meeting at Metro Union Station conference room located on the 3rd floor at Metro headquarters at One Gateway Plaza (right behind Union Station) in downtown L.A. Details including agenda and presentation at Metro.
- Thursday 10/27 – Metro’s board of directors hosts its regular monthly meeting at 9 a.m. at the 3rd floor board room at Metro headquarters at One Gateway Plaza (right behind Union Station) in downtown L.A. The agenda includes clean fuel policy, Measure M Project Management Plan, homeless assistance, bike-share expansion, and more. Agenda and background materials at Metro’s meeting page.
- Thursday 10/27 – The L.A. County Bicycle Coalition is hosting its 3rd Annual Firefly Ball. This year’s gala honors the Ovarian Psyco-Cycles, Meghan Sahli-Wells, and the Walt Disney Company. The festivities start at 6 p.m. at The Reserve, at 650 S. Spring Street (next to LACBC headquarters) in downtown Los Angeles. The last day to RSVP is today – Monday October 24. Purchase tickets at LACBC.
- Saturday 10/29 – The city of Glendale host a Walkabout to bring people together to understand positives and negatives of walking in Glendale. Two Walkabouts will be taking place: 10/29 and 11/5. This saturday’s free event starts at 9 a.m. at Cerritos Elementary School Auditorium at 120 E. Cerritos Avenue in Glendale. Free but pre-registration requested at city of Glendale website. Share via Facebook event.Learn more & register:
Did we miss anything? Is there something we should list on future calendars? Email joe [at] streetsblog.org.