This Week In Livable Streets
Park(ing) Day happens this Friday – let us know about any planned parks, please! The Mid City West Community Council considers a much-needed road diet on 6th Street. CicLAvia raises funds. The American Public Transit Association is in town. Agencies hold meetings, including Metro board committees and the L.A. City Transportation Committee.
- Monday-Wednesday 9/12-14 – The national American Public Transit Association is hosting its annual meeting and conference at the Marriott L.A. Live conference center in downtown Los Angeles. Details at APTA.
- Tuesday 9/13 – Tonight! The Mid City West Community Council board of directors will be voting on a possible redesign for 6th Street, including a road diet. The meeting starts at 7 p.m. at the National Council of Jewish Women at 543 N. Fairfax Avenue in Mid-City. Details, including street plans, at MCW website.
- Wednesday 9/14 – The L.A. City Council Transportation Committee will meet to discuss various matters, including a fairly Shoup-ian proposal to return parking meter revenue to areas where it is collected. The meeting starts at 1 p.m. at room 1010 at L.A. City Hall at 200 N. Spring Street (public entrance on Main Street) in downtown L.A. Details on meeting agenda.
- Wednesday-Thursday 9/14-15 – The Metro board of directors committees meet ahead of next week’s full board meeting. Meeting times and agendas at Metro.
- Friday 9/16 – This Friday is International Park(ing) Day. If readers know about planned park(s), please add in the comments below. The only L.A. site spotted by SBLA editors so far is at Pershing Square in downtown L.A. – details at Facebook event.
- Saturday 9/17 – CicLAvia is hosting a play day fundraiser at Lot 613 in downtown’s L.A.’s Arts District. Details at Brown Paper Tickets.
Did we miss anything? Is there something we should list on future calendars? Email email@example.com.