The Week in Livable Streets Events
- Tonight – The city of San Marino holds a public meeting on its Bike Plan. Bike SGV seems to think it’s pretty good. But there are NIMBY’s. And they have flyers. Get the meeting details, here.
- Wednesday - On May 21, 2014 at 7:00 PM, the Ride of Silence will begin in North America and roll across the globe. Cyclists will take to the roads in a silent procession to honor cyclists who have been killed or injured while cycling on public roadways. Although cyclists have a legal right to share the road with motorists, the motoring public often isn’t aware of these rights, and sometimes not aware of the cyclists themselves. The local ride is sponsored by East Side Riders, and will start at the Ghost Bike location for Benjamin Torres in Gardena. Get more details, here.
- Thursday – Metro answers the question everyone’s been wondering: have they fired so many people they can’t hold public meetings. No, that’s not it. Oh, yes. The new fare proposal. The Metro Board of Directors votes on a fare proposal that increases the cost of a ticket and eliminates transfer fees. Read the full agenda, here.
- Saturday – Join Walk and Rollers for the El Monte Bike Festival, a Kids Bike Safety Festival, this Saturday morning. Lots of fun activities, including Bike Skills Course, Bike Repair, Group Rides, Fitness Obstacle Course and more! Big thanks to Bike SGV, Day One and City of El Monte Health & Wellness. Get more details, here.
- Next Monday – Is Memorial Day. Streetsblog Los Angeles will not publish unless there is major breaking news.
Did we miss something? Are there events we need to know about after this week? Email firstname.lastname@example.org