CicLAvia is behind us, but there’s a full list of important hearings that cover everything from ExpressLanes to green taxis. When it’s all over, there’s a fun bike event for kids at the Foshay Learning Center.
- Monday – Metro is looking to extend its two variable toll lanes from pilot program to permanent program, and needs to do some outreach. The last of the public hearings is tonight. Get the details, here
- Tuesday – The City Council Budget and Finance Committee meets to discuss, amongst other things, a $10 million plan to fix some of the city’s many broken sidewalks. Joe covered the proposal in depth, here. You can read the agenda, here.
- Wednesday – The City Council Transportation Committee meets to discuss modernizing local transit amenities, the future green taxi program and more. 2 p.m. City Hall. Details.
- Friday – Angelenos Against Gridlock is hosting a “fireside chat” with Los Angeles Councilmember Mike Bonin in Santa Monica. Expect a mix of L.A. politics, regional transportation talk (Bonin is on the Metro and Expo Boards of Directors), and even some Santa Monica-based questions. It should be fun. Get the details, here.
- Saturday – It’s the last of the public hearings on L.A. City’s three citywide plans: mobility, health and zoning code. Get SBLA background at the links above; get forum details here.
- Saturday – Together we envision an annual Earth Day event where community residents come together in a safe environment to have fun, celebrate our foods and cultures, learn about and participate in sustainable practices, and connect with each other and organizations working to make positive change in our neighborhood. Read the calendar listing for “Earth Day South L.A.”, here.
- Sunday – To encourage safe, healthy, active lifestyles among children in South Los Angeles, LACBC, employees of USC, and Walk ‘ Rollers are partnering to host a free kids bicycle festival at the Foshay Learning Center in South Los Angeles. The family-friendly event starts at 11:00 a.m. and is designed for children ages 5-12. Get more information, and see their flyer, here.
Did we miss something? Is there something we need to know for next week? Email email@example.com