The Week in Livable Streets Events
- Monday, Thursday – Two more hearings focused on how the ExpressLanes program is doing. Metro is looking to extend its two variable toll lanes from pilot program to permanent program, and needs to do some outreach. This week’s meetings are in Union Station tonight at 8 and later in the week at Inglewood City Hall. Get the details, here.
- Tuesday – The Beverly Hills City Council could make official an earlier decision to keep their section of Santa Monica Boulevard bike-lane free and just have a 16 foot right lane on each side. Seriously. There’s a chance the council could overturn their decision and local advocates are hoping a strong turnout from the bicycling community could change the outcome. Get meeting details, here.
- Wednesday, Saturday – Time for two more hearings on L.A. City’s three citywide plans: mobility, health and zoning code. This week’s forums are in the South Valley and the Westside. Get SBLA background at the links above; get forum details here.
- Friday, Saturday – The Bicycle Film Festival rolls into Los Angeles the Friday and Saturday before CicLAvia. Get more details, here
- Sunday- CicLAvia! 7 hours. More details at CicLAvia.org
Did we miss something? Is there something we need to know for next week? Let me know at firstname.lastname@example.org.