The Week in Livable Streets Events
Posted By Damien Newton On February 24, 2014 @ 10:09 am In The Week In... | No Comments
It’s a full week. Let’s get right to it.
- Monday – It’s the last of the People St public information hearings. This one is at the Mar Vista Library at 6:30. Hey, that’s right by my house! Get the details, here .
- Tuesday – LongBeachize, along with a lot of our friends, is hosting a mayoral forum in Long Beach to discuss livability issues, open space, public health and more. Click here to get more details .
- Tuesday - Metrolink is holding a community hearing on the impacts of the proposed Taylor Yards in (North)east Los Angeles. The meeting is co-sponsored by the local Council Members, Mitch O’Farrell and Gil Cedillo. Get the details off the official press release .
- Wednesday – The City Council Transportation Committee hearing is cancelled.
- Wednesday – The Los Angeles Neighborhood Land Trust hosts a community forum on turning vacant lots into open space. The meeting is specifically about El Sereno and Boyle Heights, but the lessons can be applied anywhere. To get more details on the hearing, which begins at 6 pm in Corazon del Pueblo can be found here .
- Wednesday – Last year, Supervisors and Metro Board Members Mark Ridley-Thomas and Gloria Molina began promoting a proposal  to build an 8.3-mile bike and pedestrian path to connect the future Crenshaw/LAX Line to the L.A. River. This 6 pm meeting is to update the community on these efforts. Get more details, here .
- Wednesday – Metro and Caltrans host a webinar to discuss the High Desert Corridor’s (HDC) potential rail component and connections to the Palmdale Transportation Center in Palmdale and Desert Xpress in Victorvile at 7 pm. Connect live, right here .
- Thursday – It’s the Metro Board of Directors Monthly Meeting. Get the full agenda, here .
- Friday – Critical Mass. Wilshire/Western. Get more details . 7:30.
- Saturday – Come support the bike oven, hang out with friends or come make new friends/family and be part of something awesome that has been serving the Northeast Los Angeles community for close to a decade at the Bike Oven annual auction. YES you read right, the bike oven has been serving you for close to 10 years now and I don’t think the neighborhood would like to see it go. Get more details, here .
- Sunday – LADOT, Enrich LA, Cafecito Organico  & Let’s Be Frank Dogs  and the Juice host a pop-up cafe on the bike trail. Bring your bike or rent a ike for a full or half day from our Linus bike selection from Coco’s Variety in Frogtown. 24.7 mile marker on the bike/ped river path.For more information, click here .
Did we miss something? Is there something we need to know for next week? Give us a shout at firstname.lastname@example.org
Article printed from Streetsblog Los Angeles: http://la.streetsblog.org
URL to article: http://la.streetsblog.org/2014/02/24/the-week-in-livable-streets-events-132/
URLs in this post:
 Image: http://la.streetsblog.org/wp-content/uploads/sites/2/2011/01/sblog_calendar.gif
 here: http://la.streetsblog.org/2014/01/28/people-st-public-information-hearing/
 details: http://la.streetsblog.org/2014/02/17/long-beach-mayoral-candidates-forum-on-livability/
 off the official press release: http://lametrolinkpollution.com/doc/Metrolink_2-25-14_Community_Meeting_ENGLISH.pdf
 here: http://la.streetsblog.org/2014/02/23/neighborhood-land-trust-community-forum-for-boyle-heights-and-el-sereno/
 a proposal: http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?f=001YCk5TFpjhJr4L6g3L9drIUIpRP1RgbO6d6HYLUrMQw7SM9P75iTV2gTEVibId6mjJBf7J8573BDsp_ttjs1Tmo8cKzqmVPjyD_0O5N0i8O2KIX2jIcp9Q2zfcCa5-UixknnsPPA-a11f0ZF0Gsp63g9odnpBIV5L24rDHRjuPgxw3_YleqpK6nSFfTcg-8uFTzEiKMVcga1FXuB15Gu808mS5yS2aquKOvXWoSm-2MM6sdI5opCxuPR7lJin7ruK56GJTTyK1bgi2_SDFXd4MNy8e3EW5uLs6muSNVGT1tgT4Mv2xUCIqd6ZqqfGaoCRplBBbuv3FJqoSfyJotDhb-kC8ZfCzRRauLsCU-kOTH8ZyaS7_wNIpWTScmGV5EtrvpLtN1U6ilA=&c=iLVfkptRoKEDiTnRW3pdKCJch4kauIvz9xs-dXi189MqucELaKDFUw==&ch=p4YJnKV5SUgNDQcxZ_tOfzaP8zJKdcXvMG0kbOrEKzmbaJ6licif0g==
 here: http://la.streetsblog.org/2014/02/21/crenshawlax-pedestrian-trail-update/
 here: https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/4621315897213406209
 here: http://www.metro.net/about/board/agenda/
 Get more details: http://la.streetsblog.org/2014/02/21/critical-mass-2/
 here: http://la.streetsblog.org/2014/02/21/2nd-annual-fundraiser-for-the-bike-oven/
 Cafecito Organico: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Cafecito-Organico/344878477050
 Let’s Be Frank Dogs: https://www.facebook.com/letsbefrankdogs
 here: http://la.streetsblog.org/2014/02/21/pop-up-la-river-cafe-activate/
Click here to print.