- Tuesday – While there’s definitely been a lot of progress in NELA over the last several years, there’s a long way to go. Finally getting bicycle lanes on North Figueroa (and improved Continental Crosswalks) would help. The LACBC’s Ride Figueroa team is meeting tomorrow night to help make that happen. You can get more details, here.
- Wednesday, Thursday – Watch sausage being made at the Metro Board of Directors committee meetings. Nothing stuck out on the agendas, but we’ll look closer at them later today in case we missed something. If you want to see them yourselves, you can by clicking here.
- Friday – The Caltrans District 7 Bicycle Advisory Committee is meeting at the Caltrans building at 9:30 am. I don’t have an agenda yet, but will post it here as soon as I do.
- Friday – Gabe Klein, the leader of Chicago and D.C. DOT during their progressive rebounds, will be speaking at 1 pm at an Urban Land Institute/City of Los Angeles event. We’ll have more on Klein this afternoon, but needless to say this is a must attend event if your work schedule allows.
- Saturday – Through a sponsorship by the Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority (Metro), C.I.C.L.E. (Cyclists Inciting Change thru LIVE Exchange), will lead a community bicycle ride, “Tweed, Moxie and Mustaches” around the historic Arroyo Seco, traversing the watershed, bike path and local streets. This insanely popular ride is one of the highlights of CICLE’s year. Get all the details, here.
- Monday – Is Martin Luther King Jr. Day. Streetsblog will not be publishing. If people want to have a fun ride to the parade, Treats N’ Beats is leading a ride from Griffith Park.
Is there something we missed? Something we need to know about next week or beyond? Email email@example.com