The Week in Livable Streets Events
Weekends are so packed, and weekdays/nights are so light, that I’m starting to think we should do this on Friday’s. Two transit groups have holiday parties, a chance to give back or go caroling, Transportation Committee and more…
- Monday - Santa Monica city staff will present an update on the Michigan Avenue Neighborhood Greenway. The project will enhance Michigan Avenue and nearby streets to become a safe walk/bike route to the beach for you and your family. We’re hearing some NIMBY grumbling on this one, and while Paul Koretz has no political power in Santa Monica, one should never doubt the ability of a determined group of homeowners to block something in the public good. Get more details at Santa Monica Next.
- Wednesday – The City Council Transportation Committee meets to discuss a full agenda. Wow Mike, back to back weeks. You’re keeping the midnight oil burning, huh. We’ll have more on the 2 pm meeting tomorrow, but if you want to peruse the agenda, you can do so here.
- Thursday – The Transit Coalition goes straight to the top for its guest at this month’s dinner meeting: Metro CEO Art Leahy. Come here all about Measure R++, P3′s and everything else Metro has in store for 2014. Reserve a ticket at Event Brite.
- Friday – The Young Professionals in Transportation host their holiday party at Casey’s Irish Pub on Grand Street in DTLA from 6 pm to 9 pm. If you’re young, a professional or into transportation this is the holiday party for you. Details in our calendar section.
- Friday – It’s the biggest charity toy ride I’ve ever heard of, the annual Midnight Ridazz All-City Toy Ride. For this ride we ask that all participants bring one new un-wrapped toy/gift valued between $5-$25.Toys will be donated to charity. Routes are posted at Midnightridazz.com. You need to RSVP to get into the venue at the end, so go here to do that.
- Saturday – The Southern California Transit Advocates host their end-of-the-year banquet with special guest Matthew Barrett from the Metro Library. Can someone please find out what is up with the Los Angeles Transportation Headlines page? I miss it. A lot. ost is $25. There will be a gift bag of transit trinkets for attendees plus drawings for door prizes. Get the details, here.
- Sunday - Eastside Riders is helping 5-7 families together and is looking for donations. ESR will cook all these families plus people who has helped is over the year a nice hot meal on Sunday December 15th 2013. Kaiser will donate Boxes of Love to us to send home with all 7 families. This event will take place at the Bernice Watkins Seniors Center in Watts. Get more details on the event Facebook Page.
- Sunday – Every year, the LACBC completed a holiday caroling ride in Greater Larchmont. Maybe when Sammy can pedal himself…sigh…Anyway, get the details here.
Did we miss anything? Is there something we need for next week? Let me know at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll highlight somehow.