The Week in Livable Streets Events
A couple of major meetings, a couple “end of the year” parties, and a major anniversary. It’s the Week in Livable Streets Events.
- Tuesday – The City of Los Angeles Bicycle Advisory Committee will meet to, among other things, hear a report from LAPD on the city’s ongoing hit and run crisis. It’s been roughly a year since the L.A. Weekly reporting blew the lid off the crisis. What’s been done? Get the meeting details on Facebook.
- Wednesday – The Los Angeles City Council Transportation Committee will meet to meet the new interim LADOT General Manager, Jaime De La Vega’s term officially ended yesterday, and discuss a series of transportation issues at 2 pm in City Hall. Read the agenda, here.
- Wednesday - At 6 pm at Angel City Brewery, you can learn how to get get involved with Los Angeles Walks at this social and get together. Plan and lead a walk, get more involved in policy and advocacy, and help LA Walks grow in 2014! Click here, for more information.
- Thursday – It’s the Metro Board of Directors, with their last meeting of the year. This meeting is usually a short one, but there’s got to be something on the agenda that could trip them up. The living wage ordinance? “Improved Fare Collection” on the Orange Line?” Half the fun is finding out. Read the agenda for the 9:30 meeting, here.
- Thursday - Learn about LACBC’s victories of past and future from our local chapters, Neighborhood Bike Ambassadors, campaigns, programs, and more! Mingle, enjoy refreshments courtesy of New Belgium and Pete’s Cafe, dance to the sweet sounds of DJ Skramble, have your photo taken in our photobooth! I haven’t really partied on a Thursday night since I was in college, but these kids have a lot of energy. Get the details, here.
- Thursday - The City of Los Angeles Bureau of Engineering, the Department of Cultural Affairs, and Councilmember José Huizar, Council District 14 invite you to please join us on Thursday, December 5th, 2013 for a public briefing that will provide an update on the Sixth Street Viaduct Replacement Project. The briefing will present an overview of the project as well as Project & Public Art Advisory Committee (PAAC) Updates. Get more details, here or RSVP on Facebook.
- Saturday – The Eco-Village celebrates its 20th anniversary with an evening party at, where else, the Eco-Village. The Eco-Village is honoring our former school board member and former city council member Jackie Goldberg and acknowledging the many people who have contributed to our community. Wine, food, music, fun, silent auction, raffle, schmoozing, networking, hanging out with old friends, making new friends. I’ll be there. You can reserve tickets by clicking here.
Did we miss something? Is there something we need to know about the rest of the year? Let us know at email@example.com.