When: Sunday, June 9, 2013
Where: Start at the Autry Center at 4700 Western Heritage Way, Griffith Park or Aquarium of the Pacific, Long Beach
The Los Angeles River Ride is:
- 8 great rides for all ages and abilities! All rides are supported with volunteer ride marshals. We have:
- 100-mile Century Ride
- 70-mile Park-to-Playa Ride
- 70-mile Playa-to-Park Reverse Ride (starting and ending in Long Beach)
- 50-mile Half-Century Ride
- 36-mile Training Ride
- 25-mile Long Beach Loop Ride (starting and ending in Long Beach) – NEW this year
- 15-mile Family Ride
- Kids’ Bike Rodeo
- A great way to explore the Los Angeles River and Los Angeles as a whole. This County is more connected than you think, and LA really does have a river. Learn more about what Los Angeles has to offer on this ride.
- LACBC’s biggest fundraiser. Your registration fees help us work for a better, more bike-able LA County. Want to do more? Sign up for LACBC membership with your River Ride registration and get $10 off the regular membership price.
Registration is now open! Learn more about the River Ride at la-bike.org/riverride.
Become the Top Fundraiser and Win a Bike Trip to Tuscany
Want to support the work of LACBC and our efforts to complete the LA River Bike and Pedestrian Path by the year 2020? Ask your friends, family, and acquaintances to support you as you ride the LA River Ride and become a River Ride Fundraiser.
Thanks to our friends at VBT Bicycling and Walking Vacations, our top fundraiser will win a bike trip to Tuscany, Italy. We also have a prize for the fundraiser who gets the most people to donate to the cause: a bike from DTLA Bikes. Runner-up prizes include a New Belgium Brewing Cruiser Bike and signed copies of Where to Bike Los Angeles. Prizes are guaranteed for meeting fundraising minimums at the $100 (LACBC socks), $250 (River Ride jersey), $500 (entry to River Ride VIP tent and beer garden), $1000 (recognition at LACBC donor and supporter party), and $5000 (custom vintage cocktail mixology, tea ceremony, or dinner with our Executive Director and Board President) levels.
Learn more about fundraising and the prizes, get tips, and more at la-bike.org/RRfundraising.
Volunteer for the River Ride
YOU make the LA River Ride possible! We need volunteers on the day of the ride for marshaling, registration, set-up, and more, but we’ll also need your help before the event for things like the REI wristband pick-up and goody bag stuffing. Check out River Ride volunteer opportunities at la-bike.org/