- Monday – This afternoon James Rojas gives one of his “interactive presentations” on urban design. The workshop will then let you put these concepts into action, giving attendees the opportunity to use their own creative interpretation of an “empire” of urban awesomeness: placing residential and commercial buildings, open spaces, street-mapping, and utilities into a sustainable mosaic. Get all the details, here.
- Wednesday – Wow, is Wedneday jam packed or what? The day kicks off at UCLA, where the Luskin Center for Innovation hosts a free lecture by former Toronto Mayor David Miller. During Miller’s time, Canada’s largest city made large steps towards becoming a more sustainable city. Read all about it, here.
- Wednesday – The City Council Transportation Committee meets ar 2 p.m. with something of a blah agenda. The highlight is an update on the East San Fernando Valley Transit Corridor Project. Read the agenda, here.
- Wednesday – In the evening at 6 p.m., Metro hosts a public workshop about how it can improve bus service along the Crenshaw Boulevard. Prediction: More buses is a good idea. Meeting details, here.
- Wednesday – The Transit Coalition meets to discuss extending rail to LAX as part of its monthly meeting at 6:45. Remember, the group meets at Metro Headquarters and a reservation is required. You can make that reservation, here.
- Wednesday – Up in the San Gabriel Valley, the town of La Crescenta is holding a community forum on the Big Dig. If you’re up there and want to go, get the meeting details here.
- Thursday – One of the highlights of the Livable Streets year is the UCLA Complete Streets Conference. This year, Gary Kavanagh will be covering for Streetsblog for those that can’t attend. For those that can and aren’t sure if they want to or need to register, everything you need can be found here.
- Thursday – One week before a group of elected officials decide whether or not Glendale City Council Member Ara Najarian will continue to serve on the Metro Board of Directors, Najarian and Mike Antonovich have to sit in the same room and listen to staff reports for hours on end. Awkward. It’s the Metro Board of Directors. Get all the information, here.
- Thursday – Westsiders, the CicLAvia community meeting for stakeholders in the greater Venice area is this night. Get the details, here.
Did we miss something? Is there something we need to know about next week or beyond? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.