The Week in Livable Streets Events
Posted By Damien Newton On December 3, 2012 @ 9:22 am In The Week In... | 4 Comments
There’s important events almost everyday this week, and then it ends with ARTCRANK , a great place to do some holiday shopping or just enjoy some beer with friends at Orange 20 (and raise a little cash for your favorite independent media site).
- Monday – We have to give City Planning some credit for trying to reach out to Westside Neighborhoods BEFORE coming up with a plan for the area around future planned Expo Stations. Sure, it would have made more sense to do this years ago, but better now than before foundations are being pored. Tonight they’re talking the future of the area around Sepulveda and Exposition. I live right by there. It could use some sprucing. Get the meeting details, here .
- Tuesday – Caltrans is holding a scoping hearing at their downtown headquarters about expanding transit access between the San Joaquin Valley and DTLA. Learn more about the project and get meeting detail here .
- Tuesday – After purchasing Union Station last year, Metro is making plans to upgrade the station to a world class transit facility. The property surrounding Union Station is permitted to have up to 6 million square feet of development – and the Master Plan will create a careful blueprint for growth that honors the rich history of surrounding communities. Read the rest of the calendar post here .
- Wednesday, Thursday – Public meetings begin on the surprisingly progressive High Desert Corridor environmental review which now includes a real look at freight and bicycle options. Good news? We’ll find out. Get the meeting details, here .
- Saturday – In Santa Monica, they’re holding a “Family Bike Fest” at the Civic Center Autitorium. Sound familar? Gary Kavanagh devoted an entire column to it,  and we also have this nifty flyer . The event starts in the morning, but lasts all day.
- Saturday – Join the LACBC for a roughly 3.5-mile ride along Lankershim (proposed bike lanes), Colfax (existing bike lanes) and the Chandler Bikeway (bike path). We are also doing outreach to promote the proposed bike lanes on Lankershim and Cahuenga. See Ride Lankershim page  and Facebook event  for more details.
- Saturday – It’s ARTCRANK at Orange 20. Los Angeles, the wait is over. ARTCRANK is taking the City of Angels by storm on Saturday, December 8. And we’re doing it at the newly-minted Best Bike Shop in L.A. — Orange 20 Bikes . We’ll be packing the house with bike-inspired poster created by local artists and more fun than would be allowable by law anywhere else in the world. And the proceeds benefit Los Angeles Streetsblog. Win, win! Get more details at the ARTCRANK website .
Are we missing something? Got a hot event for next week? Email damien at Streetsblog dot org.
Article printed from Streetsblog Los Angeles: http://la.streetsblog.org
URL to article: http://la.streetsblog.org/2012/12/03/the-week-in-livable-streets-events-93/
URLs in this post:
 Image: http://la.streetsblog.org/wp-content/uploads/sites/2/2011/01/sblog_calendar.gif
 ARTCRANK: http://artcrank.com/lax
 here: http://la.streetsblog.org/2012/11/25/expo-transit-neighborhood-planning-meetings/
 here: http://la.streetsblog.org/2012/12/02/san-joacuin-corridor-study-scoping-meeting/
 here: http://la.streetsblog.org/2012/11/25/union-station-master-plan-project-update/
 here: http://la.streetsblog.org/2012/11/25/high-desert-corridor-project-update/
 Gary Kavanagh devoted an entire column to it,: http://la.streetsblog.org/2012/11/26/santa-monica-family-bike-fest-coming-up-in-early-december/
 have this nifty flyer: http://la.streetsblog.org/wp-content/uploads/sites/2/2012/11/sm_fest-flyer_v5.jpg
 Ride Lankershim page: http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?e=0019EzUF7knCbe9z1hlu4wbIKhIe2bEvBxO1ui3SaGgF4HzfEAOEEB5E7G3Dy3dCmgBRZPODqQ7JbgonoIlbVZcOwVh8l45V5UYH4LJDl36_lzi8X2liju1JWgi0wwifEct0cUKNGeHqXPtJDJmWt2H2mUNlmEBytuwk1xufBxMPqQrkZKm7fnfZ9e12UzshDKYm-E3t7DgdEaSYn2qaZtX-rj4pXeAz40aVERx4l5EwMbMkvnyH30y04Bm01yyCxJTRux6fbk3kqfXu1EcZvmokh2Yj4e_QBmOuw_oUVAxI2k=
 Facebook event: http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?e=0019EzUF7knCbepzzeERgJC29TzccnZlQB1bO5MJiU7qBar9Oi1Zif8KKEiS6R8Yk4-k5FW-97doHmtUDWmdu64lAzXSZ1ljFb-V_KoVqbusNHDbfZujla2b1CSpyq0N5NV2oLmPOxspjAu3mbJBsxEng==
 Orange 20 Bikes: http://orange20bikes.com/
 ARTCRANK website: http://artcrank.com/losangeles
Click here to print.