- Beverly Hills City Council votes to take “no position” on Measure J (Beverly Hills Courier).
- Downtowners: prepare for street closures as the Rock’n'Roll Halloween Half Marathon takes over (LAist).
- Undoubtedly the coolest, most futuristic highway one can imagine (and it even charges your electric car for you). Gotta love the Dutch (Tree Hugger).
- Speaking of Europeans and beautiful design, they also happen to build bridges — for pedestrians and bikers alone (Azom).
- D.C. unveils its newest public transit rail, No. 7000 (Washington Post).
- 18-year-old arrested for the random stabbing of 28-year-old jogger in Rossmoor (O.C. Register).
- Does Long Beach need to have a pedestrian safety forum? Second pedestrian death by a vehicle (Long Beach Post).
- Though it has already been proven in other studies, the New York Transportation Department proves it once again: an increase in alternative mobility infrastructure provides an increase to local business (New York Times).
- Port of L.A. scores another environmental award from international trade mag (Daily Breeze).
More headlines are here, at Streetsblog Capitol Hill.