“If most American cities are about the consumption of culture, Los Angeles and New York are about the production of culture — not only national culture but global culture.” - Barbara Kruger
- There’s no other way than saying it: the Barbara Kruger bus is simply and utterly awesome (Twitter, @Waltarrrrr).
- LAX has the worst thieves… And by thieves, I mean TSA thieves (LAist).
- A push to temporarily ban big-box stores fails — and that most likely means Chinatown will be gettin’ a Wal Mart (L.A. Times).
- Anaheim approves $319 million streetcar program, thereby making your Disneyland jaunt more accessible (O.C. Register).
- Legal brief regarding Expo Line Phase 2 is released (The Source).
- Bay Area transit Clipper card goes Big Brother and, whether you like it or not, keeps track of you for up to seven years (S.F. Chronicle).
- Not gonna lie: there can’t be enough said about Park(d) Plaza (Long Beach Post).
- Ah, to wear a helmet or not? (Washington Times)
- ATV and snowmobile maker launch their electric bike that gets up to 20mph (Autoblog).
- A woman was stabbed while jogging in Rossmoor in North O.C. (LAist).
- The three-way bicycle (get your mind out of the gutter) that puts one of your kids on the back and one on the front (Atlantic Cities).