The Week in Livable Streets Events: Expo, Metro, Crenshaw, Green Line, and Bikes, Bikes, Bikerowave
- Monday – Down in Inglewood, Metro hosts another community outreach meeting on the Crenshaw Line/Green Line to LAX. Public comment will be recorded. Get the meeting details, here.
- Tuesday – It’s the best kind of meeting, the kind you don’t have to leave your desk for. As part of the outreach on the environmental process for the city’s bike plan the city is hosting a webinar for people to ask questions and provide some commentary. Lots of information on the environmental process, and a chance to register for the webinar can be found on the LADOT Bike Blog.
- Wednesday – But if you missed last week’s meetings and a webinar isn’t your cup of Mexi-Coke, there is one more public meeting on the environmental plan before scoping is completed. The above link to the LADOT Bike Blog has a lot of information, or you can read the meeting announcement on our calendar section
- Wednesday – The Expo Construction Authority holds its second of two “community update meetings” on the Expo Line, this time in Santa Monica. Get the meeting details, here.
- Wednesday, Thursday – If you’re a Metro Board watcher, you know a lot of the work is done before the Board Meetings at committee the week before. The committee schedule has gotten a shakeup, so check out the full schedule before making plans this week at Metro’s Website.
- Sunday – Do you own a bike? Are you clueless how to fix it? If so, Bikerowave offers a free class on basic bike maintenance with Mike. Get the details, and learn how to RSVP, here.
Did I miss something? Is there something great coming up next week? Let me know at damien at streetsblog dot org.