A motion to establish an Environment and Transportation Committee for the Boyle Heights Neighborhood Council has been postponed again. Since it was introduced in March, the motion has been tabled twice before. In April, action on the motion was omitted from the meeting minutes, and in May it was tabled again. Last week, the board had less than 10 minutes before the meeting finished, so there was not even a discussion on why the motion was postponed. According to past neighborhood council meeting minutes and agendas, the motion to start the committee has been one of the last items that is touched on in the meetings.
For general business and budget read on after the jump.
The Boyle Heights Neighborhood Council approved their budget for 2012-13 last Thursday. There was $15,000 allocated for Neighborhood Purpose grants.
The other items that received the most money for this year are itemized below:
- $15,000 for Neighborhood Purpose Grants (Neighborhood Councils can award money to nonprofit organizations and public schools in their communities for projects, operational or organizational costs, and paying vendors)
- $3,200 for Facilities Related and Space Rental
- $2000 for Christmas (unspecified in budget)
- $2000 for newsletter expense
- $1,500 for office equipment and supplies
- $1,200 for website maintenance
- $1000 for Thanksgiving
- $1000 for Audio/Visual Services (i.e. recorders, memory cars, microphones)
- $1000 for community event expense/outreach for the Boyle Heights Farmer’s Market
A Metro representative will give a presentation about the Eastside Access projects and Measure R at the next Boyle Heights Chamber of Commerce monthly meeting at 12 p.m. Tuesday, July 10, at Hollenbeck Police Department. The Eastside Access Project is a collaboration between community members and Metro in enhancing pedestrian and bicycle infrastructure in connecting people to Gold Line stations.
Boyle Heights Neighborhood Council will have elections on October 13.
The Boyle Heights neighborhood council meeting will take place on July 15, 2012.