Tomorrow is the big day at Los Angeles Eco-Village (116 Bimini Place). Streetsblog is proud that the Eco-Village, the birth place of modern bicycle advocacy in Los Angeles, is hosting our annual spring fundraiser again this year. Doors open at 6:00 P.M. and the cost is $30 on a sliding scale to attend. Because our event kicks off Mother’s Day weekend, all mother’s who arrive with their child (or grandchild) are invited to attend at half cost. You can get all the details for the event, here.
When we promoted out Santa Monica fundraiser back in March, we presented a top ten list of reasons to attend. In that tradition:
Top Ten Reasons to Attend Tomorrow’s L.A. Streetsblog Fundraiser at Eco-Village
10) New Streetfilm…Rob Adams is hard at work getting a Streetfilm on the “Great Westside Wilshire Transit Race” ready for tomorrow’s event. If he succeeds, it will be the debut of a new film. Even if Rob doesn’t get in under the wire, we’ll still have live music by Elson “Play Me I’m Yours” Trinidad.
9) Good Food, Good drinks. Two Eco-Village chefs will be catering the event with some additional food donations from Eco-Village founder Lois Arkin and Los Angeles Walks founder Deborah Murphy. As for drinks, I’ll be brewing iced tea in the back yard and we’ll have lemonade and water available. Oh yeah, there will also be 120 cans of New Belgium Brewing’s finest on hand.
8) We love your mother. There’s a lot of great fundraisers this weekend, but only one has a discount for mothers. Ours.
7) Streetsblog Schwag? Want to buy a Streetsblog shirt or bag but don’t want to pay shipping? Buy it tomorrow night and take it home. All items sold at the fundraiser are sold at a discount.
6) It’s going to be fun.
5) We’re kid friendly! We don’t just love your mother. We love your kids, so we make all events kids friendly. Sammy will be there. He likes company.
4) Have we mentioned our auction? You can win a bike tour for six people from Bikes and Hikes L.A., a weekend at Eco-Village, or prize bags from New Belgium Brewing, Streetsblog or even CicLAvia.
3) There. Will. Be. Live. Chickens.
2) Our attendance list on Facebook is a who’s who of the advocacy scene: Joe Linton, Aurisha Smolarski, Joe Anthony, Allison Mannos, Bart Reed, Rach Stevenson, Kris Fortin, Sahra Sulaiman and more!
1) It’s for a good cause…Streetsblog!
Thanks to our sponsors, and see you tomorrow!