Henry, also known as Henry III, according to him, is a 57 year old cyclist with legs of steel. He joined the Rydaz about 3 years ago, after passing by the group near Exposition Park. This bike–given to him by a friend–took him “a little minute” to trick out and probably has about $2500 worth of work on it. “The only thing missing is music,” he said. He keeps up with the group on long rides to Long Beach and around town and loves the love he gets from people who stop to ask him about the bike. “Everywhere I go, people want to take pictures with me. They want to know ‘Where can I buy a bike like that?’ But I tell them you can’t buy this bike. You gotta BUILD it.”
No related posts.
- Filed under:
Recently Posted Jobs
- Southern States Coordinator, 2 weeks ago
- Sunday Streets Intern (Event Planning, Community Organizing, Volunteer Management, Communications), 2 weeks ago
- 5298 Planner III – Transportation Environmental Review, 2 weeks ago
- Finance Coordinator, 2 weeks ago
- Fundraiser – Corporate Sponsorships, 3 weeks ago
Word On The Street
“You probably would bash someones head in if your driving speed was 10 seconds through that tunnel, all the more reason to protect other human life from people like you.”
– Dave In response to "Buffered Bike Lanes in Downtown Los Angeles and Regular Lanes Through Second Street Tunnel"
Eyes on the Street
- A driver blocks the crosswalk and bike lane at the intersection of 4th and Spring
February 24, 2012