A quick note that we don’t always include every bike and planning meeting around the county in our events round up because we could stack the events calendar with these types of meetings every week. It’s worth noting that this week Beverly Hills, Glendale and South Gate are all having planning meetings this week that will impact bike planning in their respective cities.
- Wednesday – In advance of a presentation to a Metro Board Committee meeting, Metro’s bike staff will sponsor a public demonstration of what bike share looks like. Get the details here, and see you Downtown.
- Wednesday – In a meeting last week, the American Institute of Architects Will Wright listed the redevelopment plan for Hollywood as one of the most important planning efforts going on in L.A. Find out why at an AIA special presentation on Wednesday evening.
- Wednesday, Thursday – Every month that the Metro Board of Directors meets, their weekly Board meeting is preceded by two days of committee meetings. Get the agendas, here.
- Thursday – There’s not enough adjectives to describe how highly I think of Human Transit’s excellent writer Jarrett Walker. UCLA will be hosting Walker for a Thursday evening discussion of his new book, Human Transit: How clear Thinking about Public Transit Can Enrich our Communities and Our Lives. The event is free and open to the public, with refreshments provided. Get the details, here.
- Friday– The Westside Urban Forum looks at rail, rail, rail and the future of rail for the Westside. Then when they’re done, they’ll talk about rail some more. The meeting starts bright and early at 7:00 A.M. Get the details, here.
- Friday – We accidentally announced this a week early last Thursday, but our friend Nathan Landau will be signing copies of his book, Carfree in Los Angeles and Southern California in Pasadena. Check it out, here.
- Saturday – Los Angeles Eco-Village hosts a discussion and pot-luck dinner on sustainability lessons learned at a summer conference. It sounds cool, so go right to the source to get the details.
Did I miss something? Let me know at damien at streetsblog dot org.