The Week in Livable Streets Events
Posted By Damien Newton On November 14, 2011 @ 9:01 am In The Week In... | No Comments
There’s a good amount of wonk stuff on the calendar this weekend, but it closes with a Bike Party in Santa Monica. Of course, I guess every week closes with a Bike Party. Pay special attention to the events on Wednesday.
- Monday – The LADOT takes their designs for roundabouts on 4th Street to the Koreatown Neighborhood Council. Given some of the trouble they had in Hancock Park further west on 4th Street, these traffic calming devices are considered critical to the health of the 4th street plan. If you want to join the fun, click here for the details .
- Monday, Tuesday – Following last week’s news from CPUC, the Exposition Construction Authority invites you to a design update community meeting for Phase 2 of the Expo Line project. Stakeholders will receive information on design progress and will have the opportunity to view progress renderings. Get the details, here . The Source has written more on the hearings, here .
- Wednesday – The L.A. County Planning Commission will vote on whether or not to move the L.A. County Draft Bike Plan to the L.A. County Board of Supervisors. The Plan has some serious flaws, says the Los Angeles County Bicycle Coalition, and we’ll have more on their concerns later today. In the meantime, you can read the details of the meeting, here .
- Wednesday, Thursday – Every month there’s a lot of energy in advance of the Metro Board of Directors meeting, but a lot of the work is done at the committee level. This week, the Metro Board Committees and Sub Committees will meet in the Metro Board Room. You can check out all of the agendas, here .
- Saturday – Look out Long Beach. Armed with a progressive Bike Plan, Santa Monica wants back in the “most bike friendly city in So Cal” game. On Saturday morning they’re opening a Bike Center which isn’t quite as impressive at Long Beach’s Bike Station but is still pretty damm cool. Get the details, here .
Did I miss something? Drop me a line, damien at streetsblog dot org.
Article printed from Streetsblog Los Angeles: http://la.streetsblog.org
URL to article: http://la.streetsblog.org/2011/11/14/the-week-in-livable-streets-events-69/
URLs in this post:
 click here for the details: http://la.streetsblog.org/2011/11/13/mini-roundabout-presentation-to-wilshire-center-koreatown-neighborhood-council-meeting/
 Get the details, here: http://la.streetsblog.org/2011/10/22/community-meetings-for-design-updates-on-expo-phase-2/
 here: http://thesource.metro.net/2011/11/11/expo-phase-community-design-meetings-next-week/
 read the details of the meeting, here: http://la.streetsblog.org/2011/11/13/la-county-planning-commission-hears-draft-bike-plan/
 here: http://www.metro.net/about/board/agenda/
 Get the details, here: http://la.streetsblog.org/2011/11/13/santa-monica-bike-center-opening/
Click here to print.