Featured Headline: Just because I was at Think Bike, doesn’t mean the Metro Board didn’t have a busy day. They passed a local hiring plan, approved the EIR for the Crenshaw Line, Free Fares for Girl Scouts on 10/29, and a bunch of other stuff such as cancelling the cancellation of the 442 Bus Line.
Featured Headline 2: I was a featured guest on KPCC’s Crossroads talking Eli Broad, the Community Connector Coalition and the Regional Connector. Love the picture.
- More on Think Bike! (Bike Commute News, LACBC)
- A Look at SF’s Final Think Bike Design (Streetsblog SF)
- LAT Editorial: More Transit Will Make Commutes Better, If Not Shorter
- Red Light Program Popular in a Lot of Places, Not Here (Atlantic Cities)
- Box: Parking Day Is/Was Awesome. A Complete Recap (City Watch)
- LA Weekly Echoes BHUSD’s Attack on Metro, Gets Beat Up In Its Own Comments Section
- Will Retailers Follow the Gold Line to Mariachi Plaza? (Eastsider)
- L.A. Is America’s Third Smoggiest City (Daily News)
- Labor Backs Redistricting Plan for County Supes (LAT)
- Gas Prices Fall for 11th Consecutive Day (Daily News)
More headlines at Streetsblog Capitol Hill