On Friday, we brought you a summary of Los Angeles City Councilman Tom LaBonge’s vision for the future of Metro Rail. We joked that it was the fantasy football version of transit planning, as Metro has a long term plan and whether we like it or not, a lot of the projects in it have to go forward because of the wording of the Measure R transit tax from 2008.
However, I challenged all of you to give your suggestions for your dream transit project and said that the project voted on by readers to be the best would earn a LA Streetsblog “gray shirt.” Ideas from Southern California Streets Initiative Board Members and my family are excluded.
If you can’t remember details from folks’ ideas, you can read details of the proposals by clicking the links for Scott’s Hollywood Bowl Sidewalk Connector, Matthew’s Streetcars, Joseph’s Vermont Subway, Erik’s Aerial Tram to Dodger Stadium, Tony’s Eastside Extension of the Red Line, and Chris’ plan to Curbitaize the Orange Line.
Votes are due tonight by midnight.
What was the best idea in the Tom LaBonge Fantasy Transit Game?
- Matthew: Streetcars (31%, 15 Votes)
- Joseph: a "Vermont Subway" (31%, 15 Votes)
- Eric G.: Aerial Tram to Dodger Stadium from the Gold Line Station (12%, 6 Votes)
- Chris: Curbitaize the Orange Line (12%, 6 Votes)
- Scott: An underground moving sidewalk to connect the Red Line to the Hollywood Bowl (10%, 5 Votes)
- Tony: Eastside Extension of the Red Line under Whittier to Points East (4%, 2 Votes)
Total Voters: 49