Help City of Lights Bring Better Bike Parking to Pico-Union
- December 20, 2009 10:30 am - 1:00 pm
"City of Lights" has been working on a campaign to increase bike parking racks in the Westlake/Pico-Union area!
This area has one of the largest populations of car-less, Spanish-speaking cyclists!
BUT, there are very few places for them to lock-up their wheels!
- WHAT: We need volunteers to scout bike parking locations!
- WHEN: Sunday, December 20th, @ 10:30am – 1:00pm-ish
- WHERE: 7th/Alvarado
- WHO: Please bring yourselves and Spanish speaking friends for approx. 2 hours
- WHY: We already told you! This is important! :))
A "City of Lights"
volunteer will brief you beforehand as to what to look for. Checklists
will be created based on LADOT’s bike parking specs and requirements.
We need to scout now, so that we have a nice big list to submit to LADOT at the beginning of the new year!
Please e-mail Allison, Urban Programs Coordinator, if you are interested in helping: